Jump to content
Delta9r

FCR41 - Modified RS2 - OEM Dirt Bike Parts

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum and new to DRZ400's, recently purchased a 19 400sm and really enjoying it. I'm coming off of a couple of gsxr1000s that I used to track so this is a bit of a change but really love the SM. Anyway I'm about to start throwing money at the bike and just doing a little research.

I came across this company OEM Dirt bike parts. They are pushing the fcr41 and also a modified RS2. Do any of you guys have experience with either product or with the company its self? Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bumtarder said:

 

 

6 minutes ago, bumtarder said:

41 fcr is too much carb for stock displacement,39 is perfect and originally used in early off road kick only and E models as standard equipment.41 is for big bore,cammed and stroker motors.

You have personaly used/tried the 41 on stock displacement? 

6 minutes ago, bumtarder said:

Yosh RS2 is not as free flowing as a MRD Z-Pro or Barkers or older TRS/TRC racing systems due to lack of properly stepped head pipe.

My OP was about a modified RS2 system they sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They make unsubstantiated claims.There is nothing to modify on a rs2 to make it flow like the TRC,Z-Pro or Barkers.Not trying to sell you anything.Just giving facts based on years of tribal knowledge on this board.The head pipe is the biggest restriction in the exhaust system.Most aftermarket exhaust head pipes are run of the mill and not significantly bigger than the stock pipe.

Edited by bumtarder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bumtarder said:

They make unsubstantiated claims.There is nothing to modify on a rs2 to make it flow like the TRC,Z-Pro or Barkers.Not trying to sell you anything.Just giving facts based on years of tribal knowledge on this board.

Noted and I appreciate that but I'm curious in first hand experiences with the 2 products and company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bigger carb will produce more horsepower at WOT. Everywhere else it will have a lower velocity and therefore less power. If you are able to ride at WOT at all times, you’ve got a big set. I find that my engine is happiest between 4,000 and 7,000 rpm - a FCR39 works best there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delta9r said:

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum and new to DRZ400's, recently purchased a 19 400sm and really enjoying it. I'm coming off of a couple of gsxr1000s that I used to track so this is a bit of a change but really love the SM. Anyway I'm about to start throwing money at the bike and just doing a little research.

I came across this company OEM Dirt bike parts. They are pushing the fcr41 and also a modified RS2. Do any of you guys have experience with either product or with the company its self? Thanks in advance!

Yes to all of the above

 41 is best suited to 434 big bore build or larger with the caveat of favoring mid to top with a little trade of off idle to lower mid. 

The RS2 is a run of the mill pipe.  I had the RS3 which is only a different exterior on the can than the 2.  It doesn't flow enough and chokes the over rev on a stock displacement bike.  It becomes a really handicap once you increase the displacement.  

Once upon a time, Yoshimura made THE pipe to own for the DRZ.  It was the full titanium TRC. Hands down out preformed everything. Unfortunately, it was very expensive and Yoshi discontinued it in the early 2000's.  This is what led to the development of the MRD Z Pro, formally named SSW edition. It's pretty much a stainless steel copy.  

My experience with OEM is they act like a bunch of Temecula trash.  The carburetors they sell are polished up eBay finds. Their claims fly in the face of 20 years testing done by real engine builders and hardcore enthusiasts. They came around heare making false claims, got bitch slapped by the owner, and retreated back to YouTube claiming some grand Thumpertalk conspiracy to sell parts.  I wouldn't give those douche fluters 1 red cent.

If you have any other questions, I've tried 2 different flywheel sizes, 3 different displacement setups, 3 different CDIs,  4 intake plumbing variations, 4 different exhaust systems, 5 different carburetors, and 10 camshafts. I know what's shaking with a DRZ400. If that's not good enough, there are over a million posts about the DRZ400. Pretty much every question has been asked and answered 100 times over.

My advice to make your bike not such a slug is, a brand new 41mm with R&D power bowl 2 float bowl and flex jet, Cylinder Works 94mm big bore kit, single layer base gasket. Web 540/540 cams, and the MRD Z Pro exhaust.   It will be beyond night and day, it will be a completely different machine.  It will run like a modern 4 stroke is supposed to. Instead of falling on its face at 7k, it will hit the afterburner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Yes to all of the above

 41 is best suited to 434 big bore build or larger with the caveat of favoring mid to top with a little trade of off idle to lower mid. 

The RS2 is a run of the mill pipe.  I had the RS3 which is only a different exterior on the can than the 2.  It doesn't flow enough and chokes the over rev on a stock displacement bike.  It becomes a really handicap once you increase the displacement.  

Once upon a time, Yoshimura made THE pipe to own for the DRZ.  It was the full titanium TRC. Hands down out preformed everything. Unfortunately, it was very expensive and Yoshi discontinued it in the early 2000's.  This is what led to the development of the MRD Z Pro, formally named SSW edition. It's pretty much a stainless steel copy.  

My experience with OEM is they act like a bunch of Temecula trash.  The carburetors they sell are polished up eBay finds. Their claims fly in the face of 20 years testing done by real engine builders and hardcore enthusiasts. They came around heare making false claims, got bitch slapped by the owner, and retreated back to YouTube claiming some grand Thumpertalk conspiracy to sell parts.  I wouldn't give those douche fluters 1 red cent.

If you have any other questions, I've tried 2 different flywheel sizes, 3 different displacement setups, 3 different CDIs,  4 intake plumbing variations, 4 different exhaust systems, 5 different carburetors, and 10 camshafts. I know what's shaking with a DRZ400. If that's not good enough, there are over a million posts about the DRZ400. Pretty much every question has been asked and answered 100 times over.

My advice to make your bike not such a slug is, a brand new 41mm with R&D power bowl 2 float bowl and flex jet, Cylinder Works 94mm big bore kit, single layer base gasket. Web 540/540 cams, and the MRD Z Pro exhaust.   It will be beyond night and day, it will be a completely different machine.  It will run like a modern 4 stroke is supposed to. Instead of falling on its face at 7k, it will hit the afterburner.

What seller do you suggest for the above mentioned upgrades? My interest is still somewhat peaked in the modified rs2 they offer so hopefully someone has first hand on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delta9r said:

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum and new to DRZ400's, recently purchased a 19 400sm and really enjoying it. I'm coming off of a couple of gsxr1000s that I used to track so this is a bit of a change but really love the SM. Anyway I'm about to start throwing money at the bike and just doing a little research.

I came across this company OEM Dirt bike parts. They are pushing the fcr41 and also a modified RS2. Do any of you guys have experience with either product or with the company its self? Thanks in advance!

Stay away from them... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Delta9r said:

What seller do you suggest for the above mentioned upgrades? My interest is still somewhat peaked in the modified rs2 they offer so hopefully someone has first hand on that.

If you held both systems in your hand, you would see that the Yoshimura will easily fit inside of the MRD. Between the MRD/ TRC stepped header design, to the massive 2.25" mid pipe, it's easy to understand why the old Yoshi and MRD make everything else feel like there is a towel in the airbox. That RS2 "mod" better be pretty damn significant. Make sure you see the independent testing to validate their claims.

The MRD can be purchased either directly from the manufacturer or from the TT online store. 

A brand new carburetor kit can be purchased from the store here or Sudco.  

The cams will need to be ordered directly from Web. 

The Cylinder Works kit can be purchased here or from just about any other online retailer, including Amazon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

If you held both systems in your hand, you would see that the Yoshimura will easily fit inside of the MRD. Between the MRD/ TRC stepped header design, to the massive 2.25" mid pipe, it's easy to understand why the old Yoshi and MRD make everything else feel like there is a towel in the airbox. That RS2 "mod" better be pretty damn significant. Make sure you see the independent testing to validate their claims.

The MRD can be purchased either directly from the manufacturer or from the TT online store. 

A brand new carburetor kit can be purchased from the store here or Sudco.  

The cams will need to be ordered directly from Web. 

The Cylinder Works kit can be purchased here or from just about any other online retailer, including Amazon.

I have followed the DRZ thread for years and this gent has consistently provided a high level of knowledge and assistance.  Excellent source of reliable information.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

If you held both systems in your hand, you would see that the Yoshimura will easily fit inside of the MRD. Between the MRD/ TRC stepped header design, to the massive 2.25" mid pipe, it's easy to understand why the old Yoshi and MRD make everything else feel like there is a towel in the airbox. That RS2 "mod" better be pretty damn significant. Make sure you see the independent testing to validate their claims.

The MRD can be purchased either directly from the manufacturer or from the TT online store. 

A brand new carburetor kit can be purchased from the store here or Sudco.  

The cams will need to be ordered directly from Web. 

The Cylinder Works kit can be purchased here or from just about any other online retailer, including Amazon.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Delta9r said:

What seller do you suggest for the above mentioned upgrades? My interest is still somewhat peaked in the modified rs2 they offer so hopefully someone has first hand on that.

Ask them what the modification is and post their response here. How do you modify a OEM pipe to make it better?

Edited by Dramabeats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dramabeats said:

Ask them what the modification is and post their response here. How do you modify a OEM pipe to make it better?

This was in the Q&A tab for the product;

"hello yes, this is an rs2 that is stepped to a larger mid-pipe for more peak power."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expert question, mrd looking good and all but its too damn loud. I want to put an end can which has more packing in it to the mrd header. Whats the core diameter on the mrd ? So i can put matching one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Syntax_Erol said:

Expert question, mrd looking good and all but its too damn loud. I want to put an end can which has more packing in it to the mrd header. Whats the core diameter on the mrd ? So i can put matching one

2.25" core.  End cap around 1.75"

The sound difference between an MRD and every other aftermarket exhaust is blown out of proportion.  They are all loud.  None are atypical compared to the average stock MX bike . In fact, the stock exhaust on my YZ250F was louder than  the SSW 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

2.25" core.  End cap around 1.75"

The sound difference between an MRD and every other aftermarket exhaust is blown out of proportion.  They are all loud.  None are atypical compared to the average stock MX bike . In fact, the stock exhaust on my YZ250F was louder than  the SSW 

Just curious, what is the OD of the zpro mrd, (O..let's say ~3ish inches) away from the head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...