RT360 Fuel leak

Hi Guys 

Is it usual to have fuel seeping out of the little breather pipe that exits the bottom of the carburettor float bowl? It concerned me having 25 to 50 ml pooling on the gearbox top where the pipe lays. When petcock is off it eventually (5 mins)stops. if it’s a fault would it be the float not shutting off the fuel when the bowl is full? 
any advice about this and why it could happen welcome. 
Steve. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

So I rode the bike back from the shop yesterday and tried to start it this morning.  it appeared from looking in the tank there was no fuel. I Bought a gallon of 99 octane and put it into the petrol tank when I had finished I noticed that between half a pint and a pint had  already flowed out over my boots and floor and was peeing from the little nipple in the bottom half of the pic. I turned off the fuel and returned to the bike shop to show him the little video clip. He said that sometimes they have pipes on them and sometimes they don’t. It was how I brought the bike in. He said it is an overflow point to prevent excess fuel going into the cylinder. The float occasionally gets stuck and the weight of the fuel going into the tank pushed out the fuel through this bleed point. When the bike was new would it have had a pipe on it and where did it lead to? The float not shutting off the fuel would seem to be a fairly serious issue that should not be ignored but the shop guy said when the engine is running it won’t come out and if you remember to immediately turn off the petcock when the engine stops it will prevent it happening. Is this intermittent fault one that should be addressed or can it be coped with safely? 
Thanks for all positive comments. 
Steve. 

B258FB7B-D43E-4220-99EA-D7CB2FFB51B9.png

pull the carb, remove the bottom, take the float off and check the float valve and seat. Look for gunk
They can get worn which can make it (1) leak periodically or (2) leak forever. Cheap to just replace the valve and seat if there is even a hint of wear