Muthard92

YZ125 2004 Yz125 Clutch Problems

I am a bit on the younger side so please excuse any mistakes and just let me know if I need to explain anything better. I took apart my bike to do a water pump seal replacement (successful). I put the clutch side case back on, and now the clutch will not disengage at all when the lever is pulled in. At first, it wouldn’t move at all so I took it off and repositioned everything so it moves. I see that there is a pin with notches, in the center of the clutch basket and plates, that functions with the gear on the case. I would image the pin needs to be moved out more so it’s taut, but I don’t want to break anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

10 hours ago, Muthard92 said:

I am a bit on the younger side so please excuse any mistakes and just let me know if I need to explain anything better. I took apart my bike to do a water pump seal replacement (successful). I put the clutch side case back on, and now the clutch will not disengage at all when the lever is pulled in. At first, it wouldn’t move at all so I took it off and repositioned everything so it moves. I see that there is a pin with notches, in the center of the clutch basket and plates, that functions with the gear on the case. I would image the pin needs to be moved out more so it’s taut, but I don’t want to break anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

When putting the cover back on you need to adjust the clutch lifter to where there is tension. If too far back it won’t contact the plates. Too far forward then it’s stiff like You described. 
By the lifter there are two lines or a raised rectangle.  When putting the cover on get the arm of the lifter to sit in between them back as possible but in between the guides when the cover is installed. Normally it took me about 3 tries to get it aligned. 
good luck. 

Edited by Four square T
  • Helpful 2

On 5/24/2020 at 4:48 AM, Four square T said:

When putting the cover back on you need to adjust the clutch lifter to where there is tension. If too far back it won’t contact the plates. Too far forward then it’s stiff like You described. 
By the lifter there are two lines or a raised rectangle.  When putting the cover on get the arm of the lifter to sit in between them back as possible but in between the guides when the cover is installed. Normally it took me about 3 tries to get it aligned. 
good luck. 

Thanks! I finally got a chance to work on my bike today, and I hope to ride it tomorrow morning at some point. 

• Like 1