Acerbis tank vent diverter

Hey guys.  I'm on here everyday but rarely post.  I've gotten tons of great help from here so I'm posting to maybe pay back a little. 

I've always avoided running a tank bag due to the Acerbis gas cap vent.  I've been kicking around ideas but decided I had to 3d print something. I just ordered the Tusk small tank bag so it was now or never. 

I have two types of vent diverters. One just has 4 holes which should work fine. The other you can attach some fuel line to to avoid having fumes or even raw gas get to the tank bag in a tipover.  I don't know if this will work on any other type of gas cap.

You can download the 3d files from here  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4391752  It needs to be printed in a flexible TPU material.

CapVents.jpg

tankVents.jpg

CapLine.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, olendorf said:

Hey guys.  I'm on here everyday but rarely post.  I've gotten tons of great help from here so I'm posting to maybe pay back a little. 

I've always avoided running a tank bag due to the Acerbis gas cap vent.  I've been kicking around ideas but decided I had to 3d print something. I just ordered the Tusk small tank bag so it was now or never. 

I have two types of vent diverters. One just has 4 holes which should work fine. The other you can attach some fuel line to to avoid having fumes or even raw gas get to the tank bag in a tipover.  I don't know if this will work on any other type of gas cap.

You can download the 3d files from here  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4391752  It needs to be printed in a flexible TPU material.

CapVents.jpg

tankVents.jpg

CapLine.jpg

Real nice idea but isnt the 3d print material going to dissolve with fuel fumes?

• Like 1

Great idea! And thanks for sharing, I've been wondering for a while how to attach a tank bag over the cap.

12 hours ago, Syntax_Erol said:

Real nice idea but isnt the 3d print material going to dissolve with fuel fumes?

Nope. The TPU material is gas resistant. I've had a sample submerged in gas for 24 hours with no adverse effects. 

I have an acerbis tank, and a locking gas cap. It is vented. Doesn't seem to stick up much more than any other cap

20200525_131115.jpg

Edited by 74jimbo