Finally pulled the trigger on a 2020

Almost 8 years ago I sold my 2007 ktm250sx and told myself i would start saving and buy a brand new ktm when the direct injection  2 strokes came out. More specifically, i was going to buy a new fuel injected 200xc. Fast forward to 2017, ktm drops the 200, comes out with direct injection, and all i read about was bikes grenading on the forums. 

2018 I ended up buying a house, so a new dirt bike was pretty much off the table, but I still wanted to get back to riding. Ended up buying a mint condition 2004 rm125. Rode it a few times but due to some  stuff that came up I had to sell it.

This spring I decided I was going to get back into riding as a few of my buddies have got bikes again now and have been bugging me to get one.  I picked up a little bit beat up 08 144 for a good price a few months ago and have been having a blast on it. My plan was to ride it all summer and see what kinds of incentives they are giving on left over 2020s in the fall, as the tpi issues seemed to be all but sorted out. I was pretty much sold on the new 150xcw tpi.

Coming home from a road trip up north I seen a ktm dealer and decided to stop. They didnt have any 150xcws left so I figured I was off the hook on being convinced to buy a new bike. Sales guy tried to get me on a 350xcw but I had a bad experience with what it costs when 4 strokes go wrong, so that was a no go. Then he showed me the 300xc that they had on sale, which I had kinda pushed aside because I like a lighter nibler bike. But after talking to him about the kinds of riding I do, and the the short comings of the 144/150... I decided to just go for it. And after riding all day yesterday i don't regret it one bit. Climbing up hills in 3rd with no clutch I'd be feathering the clutch on the 144 in 2nd to make it up. 

Screenshot_20200524-103115_Slow motion editor.jpg

Screenshot_20200523-205025_Slow motion editor.jpg

Edited by biker boy
Spelling
  • Like 6

Congrats on the new bike! Been thinking of picking up one myself. Have a 250XC and a 450SX-f. 

I have the 450 for a snow bike, but I think that the 300XC-TPI would handle both duties brilliantly..

Congrats. I love 150's myself (my wife has one) as the most fun bikes to ride. But as an all arounder I really like my 2020 300XC. It doesn't have the grin factor the 150 does, but it does everything so well that it's hard to fault it. 

They really are great bikes. Enjoy

and just be ready for the PV leak you’re going to have. 

• Like 1