Xcf 250 bogs when hot.

I have a fuel Injected 2011 ktm Xcf250 that bogs when it is hot, after doing some tight trails, it would die every now and then at idle, or if I’d pin the gas it would bog and die. It’s fuel injected so usually I can pin the gas and there is no bog. Is this an over heating issue?

NOt an over heat issue, but may be a failing fuel pump issue, or injector

Just now, Spud786 said:

NOt an over heat issue, but may be a failing fuel pump issue, or injector

Okay, the FI warning inditcator isn’t on or flashing, so it shouldn’t be anything too bad. It doesn’t do this any other time just when hot

1 minute ago, ParkerM85 said:

Okay, the FI warning inditcator isn’t on or flashing, so it shouldn’t be anything too bad. It doesn’t do this any other time just when hot

cant comment on the fi light, but there's some history of the fuel pump, intermittently stops working or gets flakey when hot. is it enough to cause an fi light, maybe not. You might also have a tiny crack in the pump or filter , which is even more common.

But thats where Id start looking , or get a fuel pump tester set up, so you can read the pressure, while bike is running.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:59 PM, Spud786 said:

cant comment on the fi light, but there's some history of the fuel pump, intermittently stops working or gets flakey when hot. is it enough to cause an fi light, maybe not. You might also have a tiny crack in the pump or filter , which is even more common.

But thats where Id start looking , or get a fuel pump tester set up, so you can read the pressure, while bike is running.

Alright I’ll try that out.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:59 PM, Spud786 said:

Got new fuel pump and filter, seems to do a little better, but when it gets really hot it has trouble idling and bogs when I blip the throttle. 

So its an entire new pump assembly, with new pump, new filter and regulator?   Did you check anything out on the original pump, or find a failure. Your inline filter also good?

getting really hot , lets say 230 degree plus water temp, that by itself, shouldnt really effect bogging and idling. But you have things like over all mechanical health of the motor and like the injector, could be doing funky things, and causing the bike to run very lean, which motor would get Hotter.

Maybe your having some sort of ignition cut out, but if only at idle and not sustained throttle, Id doubt that avenue.

There have been a few cases of the temp sensor set in your cooling jacket causing erratic performance. Haven't found a workshop ohm value for testing. Locate yours and make sure the wires are clean and connected. Post up if anyone knows a testing value.