2008 Crf150r high idle

Hey guys I picked up a 2008 Crf150r couple weeks ago the guy said it just got a full rebuild and it’s been sitting it dose t like idling and bogs out and about a week ago it developed a really high idle I looked through the carb and everything was clean and I still cleaned it tuning dosent really fix it and the high idle only goes down for a little bit when I let out the clutch barely some of my friends said that the valve could be to tight or the vent hose could be clogged but I really don’t wanna waste 300 dollars or more at the dealership to get it fixed so do you guys have any idea of what it could be?

A regular culprit is a cracked plastic hot-start nut, creating an air leak.

Second would be a damaged throttle slide vacuum plate seal.

8 hours ago, Daniel odarchuk said:

and it’s been sitting it dose t like idling and bogs out

Sorry I missed that,

if the bike has been sitting for a while with un-treated gas left in the carburetor

there's a chance the slow jet and it's fuel passageway above it are partially blocked which would cause a lean condition.

Don't bother trying to clean the tiny jet, just replace it with a new one (genuine Keihin, not a generic)

As for the fuel passageway, the carburetor would need disassembly to clean it out properly

but you could always try a blast of compressed air at first.

Here are some tips and things to avoid when servicing these finicky but albeit good carburetors,

considering you're bike's age, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the wear items were overdue to be replaced.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1