I just got done replacing my cdi box...after it went out last summer and springs broke apart inside..I put it all together tried to fire it up and won't start..so I reset the timing and still won't fire...did the valves get set out of place?

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sloverjr said:

I just got done replacing my cdi box...after it went out last summer and springs broke apart inside..I put it all together tried to fire it up and won't start..so I reset the timing and still won't fire...did the valves get set out of place?

Since you didn’t state that you (or any one else) worked on that particular issue yet, Not all by them selves. 
But your factory Honda OEM shop manual should point you in the right direction I’m thinking?

I never did work on the valves yet..but when I opened up the caps to the valves at top dead center....the valves were tight and had no play not sure if there supposed to be right or not

The CDI box does not have springs inside, but the advancer unit does and if you took it apart it is very easy to assemble backwards and the ignition will occur 180 cam degrees off and then the engine won't start.

There are 2 TDC events in a 4 stroke engine cycle; TDC Combustion and TDC Overlap.  If at the first the cam lobes will be down, the valves lose, and the magnet on the advancer will point towards the sensor. If the second the valves will be tight and the magnet on the advancer will be pointing down. 

So if you assembled the advance backwards the above two conditions won't exist.

As Adnoguy suggested get a Honda Shop Manual, it will make your time with the little R much easier.  The manual has it all including pictures, and they are available used on ebay and Amazon.

• Like 1