First post - some JR50 issues

Never grew up riding anything motorized on two wheels.  Have had a Suzuki JR50 for my oldest (who has grown out of it) and now my youngest is looking to ride it.  It has always started but never ran "well"

Here's the issue I'm having and I was hoping for some insight.

Whenever the throttle is pinned above 3/4, it will go for about 5-8 seconds fine and then stall immediately.  I can replicate this issue at will.  This happens under load or no load.

I have replaced carb, and spark plug.  Starts no problem (usually on first kick).  I removed the tank and fed carb through a spare bottle to make sure there wasn't some crud at the bottom of the tank.  I've taken off muffler and am running it without right now as I thought it may be congested......no luck......but holy crap this little thing is loud.  lol

I also disconnected the kill switch at the coil and it still had the same issue.  I can run this bike for an hour at 3/4 throttle with no issues.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I'm thinking now coil or stator, but I'm now working on process of elimination because I've read the testing on the stator is impossible to check under load/throttle.

Regards

Pup

10 minutes ago, Puppypappa said:

Never grew up riding anything motorized on two wheels.  Have had a Suzuki JR50 for my oldest (who has grown out of it) and now my youngest is looking to ride it.  It has always started but never ran "well"

Here's the issue I'm having and I was hoping for some insight.

Whenever the throttle is pinned above 3/4, it will go for about 5-8 seconds fine and then stall immediately.  I can replicate this issue at will.  This happens under load or no load.

I have replaced carb, and spark plug.  Starts no problem (usually on first kick).  I removed the tank and fed carb through a spare bottle to make sure there wasn't some crud at the bottom of the tank.  I've taken off muffler and am running it without right now as I thought it may be congested......no luck......but holy crap this little thing is loud.  lol

I also disconnected the kill switch at the coil and it still had the same issue.  I can run this bike for an hour at 3/4 throttle with no issues.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I'm thinking now coil or stator, but I'm now working on process of elimination because I've read the testing on the stator is impossible to check under load/throttle.

Regards

Pup

You may have some crank seal issues.  I'd do a top dead center lack down test to see if any leaks. My sons jr50 always ran like a champ. If you baught a after market knock off I've seen them come jetted richer. Try turning off the auto injector and just pre mix your fuel. Think there could be a jr50 page somewhere in TT. good luck. I'd put back on the silencer.

Make sure air cleaner isn't too dirty. Is new carb oem or aftermarket? Cheap ones usually make it worse I would recommend cleaning jets thoroughly in original (if new is not oem) with cleaner n compressed air. What ur describing sounds like partially clogged main jet. Could also be reeds but I doubt it. When is the last time u did compression test? Bad crankseal will usually  ut not always lead to plug fouling issue. In my experience it's easier just to change it then to do leak down test.