"Sticky" feeling front wheel/tire on an almost new KLX 140L

My fiancee has a KLX140L and the front tire/wheel feels "sticky" for lack of a better word to describe the problem. When you are riding it, especially at higher speeds, the tire feels like it kind of sticks to the road or is "muddy" feeling. I checked and filled up the air pressure to try and fix it before, and it felt better on a quick test drive, but it's doing it again.

It did fall over from standing still out in the desert, but I'm not sure if this is related to the problem or not.

I put it on a stand and spun the front wheel around and it doesn't look out of alignment. I checked the air pressure on my bike versus hers (same bike) and mine is lower, so I don't think it's an air pressure thing, but I'm far from an expert.

Another random question.. I bought handguards and it looks like the instructions want me to cut off the rubber grip and saw off part of the metal handlebar.. is that normal for installation of handguards? For references, they're Tusk D-Flex (not pro) handguards. I want to confirm that I need to do that before I start cutting away at the bike..

Any thoughts would be helpful!

I can only address the front end sticky feeling. The forks may be binding. Check the front axle/fork alignment. Loosen the axle and axle pinch bolts. Tighten the left side pinch bolts and then tighten the axle. Pump the forks up and down as hard as you can. Lastly tighten the right side pinch bolts. There are several videos on this procedure online. 

May I ask how much does she weigh?

At speed, does she sit/stand far forward rather than in a 'neutral' position?

From my limited experiences, too soft spring rates/compression damping and/or,

too slow rebound damping makes the front end feel like it's riding 'in' the terrain rather than skimming on top of it.

Makes for a heavy un-responsive handling bike at just about any speed faster than trail crawling.

Edited by mlatour

On 5/24/2020 at 9:10 PM, mlatour said:

May I ask how much does she weigh?

At speed, does she sit/stand far forward rather than in a 'neutral' position?

From my limited experiences, too soft spring rates/compression damping and/or,

too slow rebound damping makes the front end feel like it's riding 'in' the terrain rather than skimming on top of it.

Makes for a heavy un-responsive handling bike at just about any speed faster than trail crawling.

Thanks for the responses. She's pretty petite.. Maybe 120-125? I think in a more neutral position. 

We loosened the bolts on the front forks and tried to realign it, it seems to have helped, so I think it might be good now.