2013 SX-f 450 Taming the beast. Sprocket/Gearing/Mods for wood and enduro.

Yo what’s up everyone! Looking for some advice on some simple mods to make my track monster some what tameable in the woods. It’s a 2013 sx-f 450 fe I am looking for simple mods to swap back and forth to make woods and enduro riding days a bit more enjoyable. 
she has 13-50 sprockets. Has anyone figured out the best sizes for the woods and light scrambles?? I feel if I go to a 52 it might make it worse? But also has anyone put 18” wheel on the rear would this make the 52 sprocket viable?

My bro and I find ourselves in  some pretty harry shit and Im finding myself more and more frustrated by how he can just cruise along and im out here whoopin and whippin, spinnnin out, over heating, like damn I need a seriously better enduro weapon for sure... But yah in the mean time I love my stormtrooper just looking to slightly kit it better at times for the light enduro. 

The problem is simple, 1st gear is long and throttle response is very high. One thing to note I set my idle up higher to combat flame out. When going up rocky sections 2nd gear just doesn’t cut it but soon as you drop to 1st the back tire will spin like mad! If I’m not on my clutch game, it’s whiskey time Being 145 lbs on a 450 when the throttle cracks... it’s no remorse what so ever! Lol good times

Other mods I’ve read into are flywheel weights; I feel like it would help but I’m not sure, does anyone know if any companies make them for my specific model ktm. 
I feel like a trottle tamer is a must as well. And
Has anyone done experimenting with Ecu remapping?  

Hope I can get into a better enduro unit someday but in the mean time I appreciate any feed back on taming the beast, cheers! 

7028C782-A791-41A1-836A-56C165A56330.jpeg