SteveThe Snakes

California Riots On Lock down again

53 minutes ago, scb said:

I just hope what’s going on in Seattle doesn’t happen here.

They’re def gonna try. Bound to happen now. They gotta try and 1 up Seattle in CA. 

Posted (edited)

“Empty streets too dead for dreaming” - Bob Dylan 

Edited by bigbob

20 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

How do you get Al Sharpton to come to your funeral ?  

Resist arrest. 

That's been my dream since i was a little boy.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Truck Driver Matt said:

Another one? Here we go.

pretty soon they won't need to defund the police no one will want to even do the job

Sadly that's where this is going, only there will be still be people that want the job, they just won't be the ones that we'll want to have the job.  Good upstanding cops will move on to private security or other endeavors and we'll be left with the bottom of the barrel and the shitshow will only get worse.  

• Like 8
  • Helpful 1

21 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

How do you get Al Sharpton to come to your funeral ?  

Resist arrest. 

Don't forget providing him a mike, tv coverage and a fat check for his "pastoring".

34 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

I'm waiting for a Nationwide Blue flu, Nation wide Covid isolation would be better.

Two weeks off paid for every cop in the nation, let the good times roll. 

I think this is an awesome idea. Solves so many problems all at once:

1) Upstanding individuals will do nothing wrong and will come to their neighbors aid if necessary. 

2) Loathsome individuals will try to take advantage of the situation and will be quickly 'taken care of' by the upstanding citizens. 

3) There will no more proposals of 'firearm confiscations' from unarmed people who have recently been aided by their upstanding firearm owning neighbors. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, mitchb said:

I think this is an awesome idea. Solves so many problems all at once:

1) Upstanding individuals will do nothing wrong and will come to their neighbors aid if necessary. 

2) Loathsome individuals will try to take advantage of the situation and will be quickly 'taken care of' by the upstanding citizens. 

3) There will no more proposals of 'firearm confiscations' from unarmed people who have recently been aided by their upstanding firearm owning neighbors. 

Ive worked in jail for 20 years on the side, it's always the same people over and over.

In the end it's cheaper for the state and counties to have them stealing from you then housing them in jail.

I am 100% serious as the base to all of this is the bean counters saving beans.  

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

Ive worked in jail for 20 years on the side, it's always the same people over and over.

In the end it's cheaper for the state and counties to have them stealing from you then housing them in jail.

I am 100% serious as the base to all of this is the bean counters saving beans.  

Here's my million dollar idea:

Outsource prisons to China. 

Break into my car to steal my cell phone charger and 60 cents in change?

1) &%$#@! you

2) You get 30 days in jail.

3) You serve those 30 days In china.

4) You can ride there in one of those bazillions of empty containers we send back.

Once you serve your time building iphones you are released... in china. 

Edited by mitchb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, mitchb said:

Here's my million dollar idea:

Outsource prisons to China. 

Break into my car to steal my cell phone charger and 60 cents in change? No problem, you get 30 days in jail. In china. You can ride there in one of those bazillions of empty containers we send back. Once you serve your time building iphones you are released... in china. 

I actually said and was sternly looked at 10 years ago that prisions should be a walk across thing from the USA to Mexico.  Same thing really but I am talking state stuff. 

You still need the Counties for all the court proceeding that drag on forever. So realistically 6 months up. 

Says who? China has internet for video conference. It seems like it is guilty until proven innocent anyways.

Fix the criminal justice system before you try to fix the prison system. 

One step further would be to fix the machine that creates the people that enter the criminal justice system. Many of which never successfully make out of that system.

Another step further would be to fix the education system that indoctrinates and/or ostracizes the youth putting them on the path that leads them to the prior two steps.

Yet another step further is to fix the parents that bring lives in that are born without a chance. Seldom do they make it out of what they were born into. Most just carry the torch of failure that they inherited. 

Don't say "they had a choice" because that would be incredibly naive. While they might have a choice, it's often just that, one choice. A 50/50 chance to choose right. I made my choice, but it will never get me very far. However, it was better than the alternative. I would have like to have seen some other opportunities/choices, but I've never found any. Still looking though.

There's no fixing any of that shit. On the way to fixing it there's going to be serious collateral damage done. Much like COVID-19, the cure will be worse than the virus.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I don't think we need to reinvent the world to know face tattoos are the lesser choice when seeking employment.

Take a bath... put on your best clothes...  go get the best job you can... show up on time work hard....  emulate people around you who are doing well...  Invest in relationships above your station... Rinse repeat.

After a time buy some better cloths...  Take another bath.. put on your new best clothes...  go get a better job...  then quit the old one in a professional manner...  show up on time work hard... emulate people around you who are doing well...  Invest in relationships above your station... Rinse repeat.

Over time add a car, wife, home, children... and have some fun along the way.

Anyone at any station in life can do this and is only limited by their own imagination and ambition.

You might not become an Astronaut or President...  but your kids or grand kids could be.

In the end, the only thing that limits me in life is me.

imho :cheers:

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1

On 6/1/2020 at 2:53 PM, Chief said:

Sometimes, peaceful protest isn’t enough.

when 99.9 percent of the population agree too much force was used who in the hell are they protesting against? this ain't got a damn thing to do with that mans death it's an excuse for a bunch of dumb asses to show the rest of the world how stupid american's are and how much shit we will take without defending ourselves. what in hell does burning someones home or business that they WORKED to build have to do with a scum bag cop killing someone? say and think what you will but this is a bunch of mental midgets with no freaking life experience in the art of making a living and trying to build a life for a family and have never put anyone's needs above their own. them patriots? in a pigs ass !!! I say the sooner the Marines land and put them on their asses the better, it ain't a protest no more when you infringe on someone else's rights. 

Sometimes, peaceful protest isn't enough??? well sometimes you just have to kill them all and let God sort it out !!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, black ink said:

when 99.9 percent of the population agree too much force was used who in the hell are they protesting against? this ain't got a damn thing to do with that mans death it's an excuse for a bunch of dumb asses to show the rest of the world how stupid american's are and how much shit we will take without defending ourselves. what in hell does burning someones home or business that they WORKED to build have to do with a scum bag cop killing someone? say and think what you will but this is a bunch of mental midgets with no freaking life experience in the art of making a living and trying to build a life for a family and have never put anyone's needs above their own. them patriots? in a pigs ass !!! I say the sooner the Marines land and put them on their asses the better, it ain't a protest no more when you infringe on someone else's rights. 

Sometimes, peaceful protest isn't enough??? well sometimes you just have to kill them all and let God sort it out !!!!

You’re silly. 😙

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, black ink said:

why thank you, now I know I am on the right path.

I’ll let you know when you get there. 

• Like 1