mjs

Captcha is super annoying

Question

Hi, I just bought a 86 XR600R, so I read this site a lot. Tons of great info, but the captcha spoils all the pleasure. Every time I open the site it makes me solve all sorts of puzzles - click checkboxes, recognize pictures of trucks, umbrellas etc. But the most irritating thing is that it forces me to repeat it every like 30 mins when I just read and click through the pages. I have not been spamming or hacking or anything so I don't understand why the captcha is so brutal on me. Is there any way to adjust it? Thank you.

3 answers to this question

I see you're from Russia.  Unfortunately, that is why you're getting hit with the captcha so often. Russia, Ukraine and China make up more than 80% of the hostile spam-bots that attack our site. Because of that, we have the highest levels of human verification from those locations.

I'm sure it sucks, and I wish there was something we could do about it. But it's the only way we can prevent the site from being overwhelmed with spam bots. 

If you get a VPN (virtual private network, basically a proxy) you can change your location, for example you can make the site see you as an American (or whatever you choose) and you won’t have any captchas.

It also works for watching region-locked content, etc. 

• Helpful 1

Pocket is the worst with this shit, I literally have to do a CAPTCHA for EVERY &%$#@!ing log in. Like I just want to catch up on my reads, and it makes me not want to use the website.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf