On 7/14/2020 at 4:37 AM, hawaiidirtrider said:

I was actually going to enter this. After watching I think I would have just been a speed bump for those guys a few minutes in. Oh and a destroyed bike on top of it.

1 hour ago, WVU_Petro said:

Sad part is that was with an AXP extreme skid plate. Not sure if the results would have been different with any other brand. Now I can’t get the dent out of my head even though I know it didn’t change anything about the bike. Such a head case 🤯

Of course it would be different. You put a custom cage guard and a burly aluminum skid plate.. or a carapaks combo guard or ptech or force etc. All the guys I know with cage guards never fix pipes again. And with combo guards all that the guard covers wont get dented. You can buy a new pipe or blow out the pipe you have so no dents and try s different better guard. I did. The axp extreme is great but it’s not designed to protect the pipe. I think it’s the same for the frame dissipating the hit throughout the skid plate. . My enduro engineering skid plate was hammered to shit but no marks or dents to the frame rails. Now the guarding up for your body??? I don’t know about that. Just a knee guard that goes higher up your leg is all you can do. But I’ve got tagged like that a couple of times bruised in the same exact place. I got  nothing there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NjBetaRider said:

I was actually going to enter this. After watching I think I would have just been a speed bump for those guys a few minutes in. Oh and a destroyed bike on top of it.

No but that’s ok. Once you do one then you know what’s up. You just adapt the next time around and figure how to do it. It’s pace and technique and not expending too much energy early. ..and you still might not finish but you get  a better chance. Sometimes you do well. Sometimes you don’t but it’s awesome!!! Once you do finish then you know it’s a celebration that you overcame adversity!! If you don’t? Well try again next time. It really helps to be a stubborn mofo and you just don’t quit until they cut you off. I love hard enduro. Even when I get my ass handed to me. I think.. Next time I’m going to finish this &%$#@!er. 

4 hours ago, WVU_Petro said:

When your technique is not as good as you thought.

EA1BF0B4-ABC7-4A54-ACE9-DBE2BBD88FDF.jpeg

551953DC-11B1-46D2-BD2B-019B727DF8F9.jpeg

Man that would make me sick to my stomach. I rode a portion a RORRs trail a few months back and knew right away my bike was way under protected. One spill could be a grand of damage easy. 

Bruises like that make for good stories though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

No but that’s ok. Once you do one then you know what’s up. You just adapt the next time around and figure how to do it. It’s pace and technique and not expending too much energy early. ..and you still might not finish but you get  a better chance. Sometimes you do well. Sometimes you don’t but it’s awesome!!! Once you do finish then you know it’s a celebration that you overcame adversity!! If you don’t? Well try again next time. It really helps to be a stubborn mofo and you just don’t quit until they cut you off. I love hard enduro. Even when I get my ass handed to me. I think.. Next time I’m going to finish this &%$#@!er. 

I rode about 20 miles of their track guided by one of their club members. It is awesome and extremely challenging. Loose shale stone combined with slippery rocks. Going slow it's not bad but at the pace these guys are going with the pressure on? Forget about it.

6 minutes ago, NjBetaRider said:

Man that would make me sick to my stomach. I rode a portion a RORRs trail a few months back and knew right away my bike was way under protected. One spill could be a grand of damage easy. 

Bruises like that make for good stories though.

Yea def sick to my stomach about it, particularly because I typically take very good care of my bikes. I just kept hitting obstacles like a hare scramble rider and not a trials rider. Pipe was mangled, plastics scraped up, and small dent in the frame. Gave me a good reason to get a new FMF system though. 

And yea, the leg looks like someone hit it with a bat haha

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NjBetaRider said:

I rode about 20 miles of their track guided by one of their club members. It is awesome and extremely challenging. Loose shale stone combined with slippery rocks. Going slow it's not bad but at the pace these guys are going with the pressure on? Forget about it.

See that’s just in the learning curve. In the last hard race here that I did well literally just about everyone passed me. I got to the first of 3 gas checks and half the racers quit. Enjoy the ride!!! I continued and it was literally a hare and tortoise scenario. I got faster and better in the second half of the race. Many guys just didn’t pace. They blew their load and couldn’t recover. The greatest thing is the bench racing and bullshitting about the ride  after. 

5 minutes ago, WVU_Petro said:

Yea def sick to my stomach about it, particularly because I typically take very good care of my bikes. I just kept hitting obstacles like a hare scramble rider and not a trials rider. Pipe was mangled, plastics scraped up, and small dent in the frame. Gave me a good reason to get a new FMF system though. 

Naw that’s all good! So you fix and patch it up and still just make your bike nice anyway. So you polish over a dent or scrapes once in a while.  That’s just part of it. You just end up doing whatever extra maintenance on the bike. And yea there’s always upgrades that go along with that. So you smash up stuff. Last time I bought a new pro circuit pipe and ptech guard. In the future I might get a cage guard and skid players and upgrade yet again. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Helpful 1

7 minutes ago, WVU_Petro said:

Just dont get the factory fmf fatty like I did. If you look at it funny it will rust!

20200704_140107.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NjBetaRider said:

Just dont get the factory fmf fatty like I did. If you look at it funny it will rust!

20200704_140107.jpg

Haha I made that mistake on my ktm, looked great when clean. I did stumble across some amazing anti corrosion, it’s called corrosion-x. It’s amazing. And I got the gnarly 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Naw that’s all good! So you fix and patch it up and still just make your bike nice anyway. So you polish over a dent or scrapes once in a while.  That’s just part of it. You just end up doing whatever extra maintenance on the bike. And yea there’s always upgrades that go along with that. So you smash up stuff. Last time I bought a new pro circuit pipe and ptech guard. In the future I might get a cage guard and skid players and upgrade yet again. 

My SO said basically the same thing of just get new parts and good as new, and just ride the dam bike lol. 

• Helpful 1