1985 Honda XL125.... I think?

So I'm picking this up in the morning.... previous owner doesn't know much about it because he called it a "CBR125" but obviously that's incorrect. I've ridden Yamaha my whole life so I know nothing about it, and was curious if the kind folks at TT could help me out with some info on it. Thanks! 

36F92825-EBD5-4A3A-AC1D-5D0CD7C340A5.jpeg

Edited by Jake716

1985 is late enough that the VIN number and the engine serial will ID the model and year. There was  CB125S in 85 but it had a rectangular headlight and a low exhaust. Post up the the first 10 of the VIN and all of the engine number and I'll check it out in my Honda red book
The 85 XL100 had a high pipe and round headlight.
The 10th digit of the VIN will be "F" for 1985.

Edited by Chuck.

2 minutes ago, Chuck. said:

1985 is late enough that the VIN number and the engine serial will ID the model and year. There was  CB125S in 85 but it had a rectangular headlight and a low exhaust. Post up the the first 10 of the VIN and all of the engine number and I'll check it out in my Honda red book..

Thanks! I'm at work for another hour but I'll look when I get home

2 hours ago, Chuck. said:

1985 is late enough that the VIN number and the engine serial will ID the model and year. There was  CB125S in 85 but it had a rectangular headlight and a low exhaust. Post up the the first 10 of the VIN and all of the engine number and I'll check it out in my Honda red book
The 85 XL100 had a high pipe and round headlight.
The 10th digit of the VIN will be "F" for 1985.

Boy do I feel foolish. 

97DA6B6E-A7C2-4BCC-A292-970A777401F3.jpeg

• Haha 1