FootStock

Found this in Xt350 gas tank. WTF?

Just cleaned my carb and took gas tank off.  Turned tank upside down to get it completely empty and this dropped out of it.  What is this???

97D27E8D-774C-49F7-9F62-7CA403C60192.jpeg

• Like 1

Miracle magnets, preserves fuel, removes water, increases mpg, and makes your cock grow.

• Like 13
  • Helpful 3
  • Haha 17

Posted (edited)

The flattened “pellets” aren’t magnetized.  Two of them have an “F” stamped on one side and the other two have some kind of worn out design stamped on them.

I was thinking it was some kind of fuel or rust stabilizing tool like piltoyougram mentioned.  The bike ran a lot better after I removed it. Well, I did put in a new petcock and soaked & cleaned the carb first. 😜

Hopefully somebody can pinpoint what this is and what it is called. Thanks!

Edited by FootStock
  • Like 1

Right on, eastreich!  I have never heard of this product before.  Thanks for solving the mystery!  Does anyone else use this and does it really do what it’s supposed to do?  I guess I’ll drop it back in the tank!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FootStock said:

Right on, eastreich!  I have never heard of this product before.  Thanks for solving the mystery!  Does anyone else use this and does it really do what it’s supposed to do?  I guess I’ll drop it back in the tank!

I wouldn't drop it back in the tank until I knew that it was NOT snake oil.

Joe

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, William1 said:

Pure and undiluted snake oil. Throw away.

Well, it runs perfectly fine without it, so I’ll keep it in my toolbox for shits n giggles.  
🤠👍🏻🍺

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FootStock said:

Well, it runs perfectly fine without it, so I’ll keep it in my toolbox for shits n giggles.  
🤠👍🏻🍺

LOL, the only thing it can do in your bike is rattle and reduce your reserve fuel capacity!

It amazes me so many of these 'miracle devices' exist. The gullibility of people is incredible. If these devices actually worked, OEMs would be putting them in vehicles at the factory. Magnets on fuel lines to 'align the molecules' The infamous 'Turbonator'. I recall one device that advertised it 'caused the air around the vehicle to be uniquely ionized to enable it to move through the air with zero drag.' Only $1,000. I imagine the customers too embarrassed to ever admit they fell for the scam (the basis scams work on-shame).

Save it, good yarn for the tykes to hear. Reminds me of the JackAlope, part rabbit, part antelope. 😉

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 3

10 hours ago, FootStock said:

Just cleaned my carb and took gas tank off.  Turned tank upside down to get it completely empty and this dropped out of it.  What is this???

Federal govt. human tracing device, you my man are being watched. Tin foil hat time bruh! Yeah, its a fuel catalist device, dont throw it in your fuel tank, just keep it for a paper weight or a keep sake.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Probably make a good fishing weight.  

Wrap some mono line around your bars and attach hooks to your bar pad and you will have the first ever special purpose fishing bike.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, crypto666 said:

Probably make a good fishing weight.  

Wrap some mono line around your bars and attach hooks to your bar pad and you will have the first ever special purpose fishing bike.  

If he had a Honda he'd have the anchor, too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Haha!  Great responses!  I told one buddy that it was probably a tracking device of some kind.  Alien, of course.  👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So having it in your tank did it damage you old petcock filter. I wouldn’t  put it back in because it could damage the filters?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FootStock said:

I've seen.things you clamp over fuel lines that are suppose charge the fuel a certain way.

• Like 1

its a lead additive, olden days fuel had ead in to keep valve seats lubricated, with todays lead free fuel it was thought the lack of lead would mean valve seats would wear out . as yet thishas not provento be true. but, there are people on ebay selling them trying to make money.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FootStock said:

Lead replacement remember when them bikes was first out we used to get leaded petrol then they switched to unleaded that is what that is supposed to be doing putting lead back in your fuel 

• Like 1