2007 kx250 Frankenstein swing arm questions.

I have a 07 kx250 2stroke. I acquired it in pretty bad shape.i can not find a replacment swingarm so I am going to try and fit a swing arm from a later model kawasaki 4 stroke.  I also believe If i can make this fit it will help with the horrible frame geometry. If i get a new swingarm the linkage should drop the rear end 1.5 inch and give me 1° of rake angle for the front. Helping diminish the pogostick rear end and hopfully geta front end that can  stick to the dirt. Can anyone give me some measurements for where your kawasaki swingarm meets the frame and engine. Also the measurement for the linkage connection. I havent bought the swingarm yet so any 1 that wants to take some measurements can you please give the year and the bike you are measuring... preferably 07-12 kx250f

Edited by Zack Cornelsen

If I can find one I will. But that is not an easy task. The only swing arms that fit is 06,07 and try to find a parts bike of that year is impossible. There is a million 09-12 kx250f bikes blown up so one of those might have to he the donor.  They say they made the kx250 in 08 but I have never seen one. 

Edited by Zack Cornelsen

6 minutes ago, Zack Cornelsen said:

If I can find one I will. But that is not an easy task. The only swing arms that fit is 06,07 and try to find a parts bike of that year is impossible. There is a million 09-12 kx250f bikes blown up so one of those might have to he the donor.  They say they made the kx250 in 08 but I have never seen one. 

The 08 was sold outside USA. You may have better luck doing a full 09 to 12 KX 250F aluminum frame conversion than trying to graft the aluminum frame swing arm to your steel frame KX.

I am going to hunt for the right swingarm,the af conversion would be pretty wicked. My 07 has an aluminium swingarm and steel frame. The only difference is the linkage mounts inside the swingarm instead of just beneath it. It would be a close fit. But iknownsome fabbing would be required 

Fun fact 2007 is a bad year  they screwed the geometry up on their own. The rear end sits to high and when they raised it in 06 they did not change the front rake angle. If I can drop the rear 1 inch it will push the front wheel out forward, back to how it was in 05. Look at the swing arm on a 06-07 you will notice a  lot hole through the swing arm. With the aluminum frame bikes they put it back under the swingarm where it is supposed to be. I'm just not sure if I will need to replace the shock aswell.

Edited by Zack Cornelsen