Chad Reed bids farewell to Supercross: ‘We took on the world’

28 minutes ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

and some kid already is saying who's Chad like others say who's Marty

Everyone will always remember BUBBA. Chad's had a great career and won allot of races without the flash of the others. Sounds like hes gonna do a few races next year. Let's just hope he makes the mains. Nothing worse than a legend showing up and having a terrible performance. You guys remember when Lamson showed up to Hangtown on that Husqvarna 125. He looked stupid.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 5:05 PM, EarthCruzn said:

He was a solid rider.

Gave the best riders the best he had every race, few could do better.

None for as long as he has. Job very well done.

In the same class of Kevin Windham, ...........as the best ride good everyday.

?

On 6/18/2020 at 10:43 AM, EarthCruzn said:

I never heard an excuse from him, ......

Glad you said this.  This had been an issue for CR for years, to me, it boiled down to what kind of guy you are/were.  I'm on the side that when questions were asked, CR just simply responded to whatever the case.  I saw others called this bs and making excuses.  I can't bridge the gap, but, I just saw a guy talking. 

Have to add tho, I was never a CR22 nut swinger, just an outside fan.  Out of the vast majority of details, CR showed enough to have respect for the determination.  I never got nor dug the dual  earrings, wtf was that about? 

Edited by JBBR

4 minutes ago, JBBR said:

Glad you said this.  This had been an issue for CR for years, to me, it boiled down to what kind of guy you are/were.  I'm on the side that when questions were asked, CR just simply responded honestly to whatever the case.  I saw others called this bs and making excuses.  I can't bridge the gap, but, I never saw it this way with CR, he was just a guy talkin', but other saw bs.  Just my 2 cents. 

It's a common Tru Blu Aussie trait ?

People also fail to understand that a top level pro rider can actually feel any small change made to their bikes. It's all about confidence, in which case, you have to be comfortable on the bike, to be confident. 

Reed said in at least one interview. It's not 80% rider and 20% bike anymore. I've been trying to convince Barry Morris, AKA @OZ DRZ of that for yrs :devil:
Real flow. Requires the bike to be an extension of yourself. In which case, It's 50/50.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JBBR said:

'er, or, I meant to reply to the reply, I didn't hear that side either.  This had been an issue for CR for years, to me, it boiled down to what kind of guy you are/were.  I'm on the side that when questions were asked, CR just simply responded to whatever the case.  I saw others called this bs and making excuses.  I can't bridge the gap, but, I just saw a guy talking. 

Have to add tho, I was never a CR22 nut swinger, just an outside fan.  Out of the vast majority of details, CR showed enough to have respect for the determination.  I never got nor dug the dual  earrings, wtf was that about? 

Went to edit, made a post.  Where's delete? 

Edited by JBBR
who cares, i want to delete!

Edit add: 

Have to add, I was never a CR22 nut swinger, just an outside fan.  Out of the vast majority of details, CR showed enough to have respect for the determination.  But, there were times he pissed me off too, didn't dig that with CR.  Anyway, never got nor dug the dual  earrings, wtf was that about?  Anyway, some issues but hats off to a career.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This ad was recently posted on CL, Jacksonville, Fl. I have no association with the owner. Can the ad be legit?

Chad Reed's KX 450 - $7200 (Jacksonville)

This is Chad Reed’s Two Two Motorsports 2014 KX 450. This bike is actually one of his bikes and comes with a lot of extra parts listed below and I have the title to prove it was purchased from Chad Reed. Bike has been rode a hand full of times and is in very great condition and looks new. Bike has probably around 7-10 hours. NO TRADES!!! Call or text xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Add ons include:
- Two Two Motorsports graphics kit
- Black Powder-coated frame
- Rental Kevlar grips
- Two Two Motorsports Clutch Cover
- Factory cases to help with cleaning
- Hinson Clutch cable holder
- Rental Bars
- Ti6 Pro Circuit Pipe and Silencer
- Pro Circuit Linkage
- Boyesen Water Pump
- D1T oil filter cover
- FX factory hoses
- FX factory seat cover
- Pro Circuit shifter
- TMD Chain guides
- Pro Circuit wheel blocks
- Loud Mouth intake
- Oversized front disc
- Rental chain and sprocket

00t0t_ffeJei7wRC7_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg.f4b265c6fd369d393ebce789f28c9dbe.jpg01717_aVp1iqdX1Sj_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg.381bf1893fac5d21b2979d3bcbc5609b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 76xtdrvr said:

This ad was recently posted on CL, Jacksonville, Fl. I have no association with the owner. Can the ad be legit?

Chad Reed's KX 450 - $7200 (Jacksonville)

This is Chad Reed’s Two Two Motorsports 2014 KX 450. This bike is actually one of his bikes and comes with a lot of extra parts listed below and I have the title to prove it was purchased from Chad Reed. Bike has been rode a hand full of times and is in very great condition and looks new. Bike has probably around 7-10 hours. NO TRADES!!! Call or text xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Add ons include:
- Two Two Motorsports graphics kit
- Black Powder-coated frame
- Rental Kevlar grips
- Two Two Motorsports Clutch Cover
- Factory cases to help with cleaning
- Hinson Clutch cable holder
- Rental Bars
- Ti6 Pro Circuit Pipe and Silencer
- Pro Circuit Linkage
- Boyesen Water Pump
- D1T oil filter cover
- FX factory hoses
- FX factory seat cover
- Pro Circuit shifter
- TMD Chain guides
- Pro Circuit wheel blocks
- Loud Mouth intake
- Oversized front disc
- Rental chain and sprocket

00t0t_ffeJei7wRC7_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg.f4b265c6fd369d393ebce789f28c9dbe.jpg01717_aVp1iqdX1Sj_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg.381bf1893fac5d21b2979d3bcbc5609b.jpg

'Renthal' not 'rental'.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2020 at 2:00 PM, Bearorso said:

Geez, you're dreamin' Drop-Bear, if you think a poofteenth of a percent of Australians know the name Chad Reed, or Mick Doohan.

Just like sweet FA Americans would know the name Kenny Roberts, and any other of their Motorcycle World Champions.

The average drongo knows just the usual, mainstream sports - few look past those to truly interesting sports.

I've always avoided much interaction ( on my part)  about Reed, or any other MC ( any branch of it) Sport on the internet . I'm not biased or parochial towards Australian, or any, riders. 

But, something that struck me last night, is reading that on the night Reed raced his 250th SX (this years A1 ????), Jett  Lawrence raced his First. I'm not sure if that's correct, but, Bloody Hell, that's something to chew on.

As for Bradman, DB - go search out his record on when the Cricketers faced up to the sports controllers (World Series Cricket era) , to get a decent pay rate from the megabucks the Controllers made from the (pathetic, to me) sport. He made huge amounts (corrected to then current monetary values)  during his career, through many various ways, then he, going in with the Cricket Board, sort to stop others from getting paid well. And, he continually knocked players for "being in it for the money". Yet, it was fine for him to have made a comparative motza. He was, quite a little  arsehole, working to stop the players being paid a fair share. Now, Cricket absolutely, positively sucks, but,  the blokes putting on the show, they deserved some decent money from doing so. 

Just as SXers and MXers deserve a better slice of the pie than they are getting. At least the US series have some 'prize money', Luongo took that away over a decade and a half ago from the World Motocross Champions,  the B**tard. 

Everyone and there mums know who Chad reed is around here, but I do live close to kurri so??‍♂️ It really is the dirt bike capital of Australia 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bluecrew84 said:

Everyone and there mums know who Chad reed is around here, but I do live close to kurri so??‍♂️ It really is the dirt bike capital of Australia 

Aussie riders seem to be at the top of there game as well as Aussie sportsmen/women as we are a country that loves and promotes sports its just a pity a lot of our sports people have to go overseas to get ether get recognized for their abilities or paid fare for their chosen sports

Next,

Reed's 2021 farewell tour.

Then,

Reed's 2022 farewell tour.

Reed's 2023 farewell tour.

Reed's 2024 farewell tour.

Reed's 2025 farewell tour.

Then

Reed's casket 2035 farewell tour.

They'll put his casket at the starting gate... AND HE'LL STILL BEAT BARCIA. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2020 at 5:57 PM, JBBR said:

I never got nor dug the dual  earrings, wtf was that about? 

It's an aussie thing...  :D  

I was never a huge fan but always respected his skill and grit. Also, he escaped largely unscathed through the most amazing, scariest-looking dirt-bike crash ever witnessed on national TV (Millville, 2011):

spacer.png

I was watching that race, live on TV. If he hadn't landed on the down-sloping side of that jump, he would've broken every bone in his body. But he got up, shook it off, jumped back on the bike and kept racing.

Dude's a beast!

Edited by xrMike
  • Like 8