ThumperTalk

supercross Chad Reed bids farewell to Supercross: ‘We took on the world’

image.png

June 17, 2020 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Chad Reed reflects on his Supercross career, including his humble beginnings in Australia, rivalry with Ricky Carmichael and passion and drive to win, as he says goodbye to SX with two races remaining. #NBCSports #Supercross #ChadReed

Source: NBC Sports Group

image.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He was a solid rider.

Gave the best riders the best he had every race, few could do better.

None for as long as he has. Job very well done.

In the same class of Kevin Windham, ...........as the best ride good everyday.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EarthCruzn said:

He was a solid rider.

Gave the best riders the best he had every race, few could do better.

None for as long as he has. Job very well done.

In the same class of Kevin Windham, ...........as the best ride good everyday.

Excuse box😂

• Like 2

Yeah, multi time world and national champions need all the excuses they can get, don't they?  To do what he did, I am sure he needed the high opinion he kept if himself. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Never warmed up to the guy, but a solid rider record wise. Last one from a bygone era.

• Like 6

I usually haven't enjoyed hearing him talk. Can't doubt his dedication and desire. 

• Like 2

Every time we went to the Houston Supercross we look forward to seeing Chad Reed ride. The way he could flick a bike over the largest triples was absolutely amazing. He had style for days.  I will always keep his posters plastered all over the garage.   I look forward to seeing what he does to see what he does in the future.  Awesome rider and amazing person.

• Like 5

It was good to see him win just now. It wasn't exactly a main event but it earned him a chance to get a winner's interview.

I always have him cred because after his first championship, which was really an asterisk championship if there is such a thing, he didn't go full Howerton and Emig and trash talk everyone.  Instead he got better, until he really earned it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I always have him cred because after his first championship, which was really an asterisk championship if there is such a thing, he didn't go full Howerton and Emig and trash talk everyone.  Instead he got better, until he really earned it.

Reed won the final 6 SX mains of 2003, same bike in 2004.  He had RC's number already.

Chad Reed .       THE MAN ......      Hats off to a GREAT  career ...    Years of  Great memories .....

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Reed won the final 6 SX mains of 2003, same bike in 2004.  He had RC's number already.

Well, much like Tomac right now, RC didn't have to win in 2003 to bring home the bacon.  So it's hard to judge.  But when JS came along CR stepped it up and was competitive.  He didn't flop over and roll around in the mire like Howerton and Emig, Reed is a 2X champion of arguably the world's most prestigious motorcycle championship.  He made the sport better.

• Like 8

Hey, wait.  I"m onboard, but tonight was 6/7 races and didn't CR run tonight? 

If Chad's retiring now, good for him.  Long after others, alot of class how he went about it.  Chad said, when I don't have the desire anymore, I'm done.  Up until now, he still had that fire and racing he went.  18th, 21st, 15th, 12th, 16th, didn't matter, nobody expected him to win; nor take chances or care.  Hats off to this guy if now he's retiring. 

Chad Reed was the guy Dungey followed.  CR22, the most consistent rider the sport may have ever seen (and/or add/insert another here,) which is pretty impressive.  Not stupid enough to hang it out to try for a win, yet, not dumb enough to pack it in when he wasn't winning.  Chad Reed whom some don't dig and I get it, but where others were favorable- the guy really is a legend.  Look at the stats of this guy.  Since his time to retire was sometime soon, and, here was surprised he came out this year again- Chad Reed leaves behind a legacy not too many can match. 

Chad-a-pault Millville, 2011.  One thing about Chad across his career, he was a Gritty rider.  Chad was aggressive when times came, yet, he didn't have the rep as dirty.  Everyone had a time or two and I recall a few with Chad, yet, overall, etc. 

Anyway, happy trails CR, you gave alot of inspired rides and were a favorite to whatever percentage of the fans. 

Congrats Brother Chad, ride on....

• Like 7
  • Helpful 1

It is hard to argue he was not the best rider in the world for the longest time. Being 1st or 2nd for about 10 years against all the other legends is a record of greatness no other rider of the modern era can touch. To still be making mains and being in the top 1% of pros is astonishing.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Excuse box😂

I never heard an excuse from him, ......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EarthCruzn said:

I never heard an excuse from him, ......

You never watched him race a kawi did ya😂

17 hours ago, ossagp1 said:

Yeah, multi time world and national champions need all the excuses they can get, don't they?  To do what he did, I am sure he needed the high opinion he kept if himself. 

When did Reed win a world championship? 

If you are referring to that made up World Supercross championship you need to leave Pro now and never some back 

• Haha 3