ThumperTalk

supercross Chad Reed bids farewell to Supercross: ‘We took on the world’

1 hour ago, 777654321 said:

You never watched him race a kawi did ya😂

Actually I have met him 4 times.

And I don't prefer Kawasaki either.........

He stayed long past his prime. Not sad to see him go. Never was very fond of him. He was a solid rider, will give credit where due. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Remember,

1. You must qualify for the race................. that means being faster than 35th +/-

2. You must get to the track with a competitive machine....................... money will get you that much at least.

That is all you have to do to try and win the race, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this week.

I wasn't a big fan in the beginning, being an Aussie wasn't enough, he had to earn my respect. And did. Both he and his devoted, fearlessly loyal wife, the proof, that behind every great man, is a great women.
As a Tru Blu Aussie. I could not be more proud of them both.

Chad is now an Aussie Immortal sporting legend. Australian royalty. His name will forever be in our history books. Right up there with the best of them like Mick Dohan, Dawn Fraser, Phar Lap, and the mighty Don Bradman :aussy:. He will NEVER be forgotten.

Two kids, both Tru Blu, taking on the world, and winning. While all along. Doing it their way. Their grit, guts, and character, can not be denied.

Hail the immortal Chad Reed :worthy:.

We can never thank you enough for the memories you've given us Mr & Mrs Reed

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 3

They're both Aussie born and bred. But, America is their home now.

France gave America the statue of Liberty. Australia gave you the Reed family.

You're welcome 👍

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Gromguy said:

He stayed long past his prime. Not sad to see him go. Never was very fond of him. He was a solid rider, will give credit where due. 

Man, if you’re not fond of Chad Reed, you got some major issues. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, EarthCruzn said:

Actually I have met him 4 times.

And I don't prefer Kawasaki either.........

Does he know you met him😃

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

They're both Aussie born and bred. But, America is their home now.

France gave America the statue of Liberty. Australia gave you the Reed family.

You're welcome 👍

And New Zealand gave you all their criminals 😂

3 minutes ago, 777654321 said:

And New Zealand gave you all their criminals 😂

Nah, they're still in NZ, running for reelection. 

They did give us Phar Lap though.
Not so sure I'm willing to thank them for Russel Crow :D

America gave us Mel Gibson, but then got a refund as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Geez, you're dreamin' Drop-Bear, if you think a poofteenth of a percent of Australians know the name Chad Reed, or Mick Doohan.

Just like sweet FA Americans would know the name Kenny Roberts, and any other of their Motorcycle World Champions.

The average drongo knows just the usual, mainstream sports - few look past those to truly interesting sports.

I've always avoided much interaction ( on my part)  about Reed, or any other MC ( any branch of it) Sport on the internet . I'm not biased or parochial towards Australian, or any, riders. 

But, something that struck me last night, is reading that on the night Reed raced his 250th SX (this years A1 ????), Jett  Lawrence raced his First. I'm not sure if that's correct, but, Bloody Hell, that's something to chew on.

As for Bradman, DB - go search out his record on when the Cricketers faced up to the sports controllers (World Series Cricket era) , to get a decent pay rate from the megabucks the Controllers made from the (pathetic, to me) sport. He made huge amounts (corrected to then current monetary values)  during his career, through many various ways, then he, going in with the Cricket Board, sort to stop others from getting paid well. And, he continually knocked players for "being in it for the money". Yet, it was fine for him to have made a comparative motza. He was, quite a little  arsehole, working to stop the players being paid a fair share. Now, Cricket absolutely, positively sucks, but,  the blokes putting on the show, they deserved some decent money from doing so. 

Just as SXers and MXers deserve a better slice of the pie than they are getting. At least the US series have some 'prize money', Luongo took that away over a decade and a half ago from the World Motocross Champions,  the B**tard. 

Edited by Bearorso
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bearorso said:

Geez, you're dreamin' Drop-Bear, if you think a poofteenth of a percent of Australians know the name Chad Reed, or Mick Doohan.

Just like sweet FA Americans would know the name Kenny Roberts, and any other of their Motorcycle World Champions.

The average drongo knows just the usual, mainstream sports - few look past those to truly interesting sports.

I've always avoided much interaction ( on my part)  about Reed, or any other MC ( any branch of it) Sport on the internet . I'm not biased or parochial towards Australian, or any, riders. 

But, something that struck me last night, is reading that on the night Reed raced his 250th SX (this years A1 ????), Jett  Lawrence raced his First. I'm not sure if that's correct, but, Bloody Hell, that's something to chew on.

As for Bradman, DB - go search out his record on when the Cricketers faced up to the sports controllers (World Series Cricket era) , to get a decent pay rate from the megabucks the Controllers made from the (pathetic, to me) sport. He made huge amounts (corrected to then current monetary values)  during his career, through many various ways, then he, going in with the Cricket Board, sort to stop others from getting paid well. And, he continually knocked players for "being in it for the money". Yet, it was fine for him to have made a comparative motza. He was, quite a little  arsehole, working to stop the players being paid a fair share. Now, Cricket absolutely, positively sucks, but,  the blokes putting on the show, they deserved some decent money from doing so. 

Just as SXers and MXers deserve a better slice of the pie than they are getting. At least the US series have some 'prize money', Luongo took that away over a decade and a half ago from the World Motocross Champions,  the B**tard. 

Fair point I guess. But, He's an immortal in my history books.

Jett made his pro debut in Melbourne, the same night Reed officially announced his retirement. It didn't go unnoticed by me.

There were a few yrs where Reed was the highest earning Aussie sportsman.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 6:55 AM, ThumperTalk said:

image.png

June 17, 2020 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Chad Reed reflects on his Supercross career, including his humble beginnings in Australia, rivalry with Ricky Carmichael and passion and drive to win, as he says goodbye to SX with two races remaining. #NBCSports #Supercross #ChadReed

Source: NBC Sports Group

image.png

CR22 is a gladiator & legend to the sport. Probably one of the most driven athletes I know of to still be competitive in the mains @ this stage in his career... It's mind blowing... 

Good luck in the future Chad!! Thank you for the many years. I will always hang your jersey in my man room proudly.👍 (won it from Fox Racing!)

1131320443_2020-06-1905_35_18.thumb.jpg.807d39c6ac9f01c4aa17c92ab57d85ea.jpg775648515_2020-06-1905_38_44.thumb.jpg.a40acbfec805ec37a6bf096fa2e422e2.jpg

Edited by juicedstang999
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, 777654321 said:

Does he know you met him😃

He was alert and breathing, ......spoke in a clear and normal tone. Called everyone by name,........

I do believe so, to answer your question.

He is my Top 5 all time favorites and that list is for different reasons

1. Kevin Windham 

2. Jeremy McGrath

3. Chad Reed

4. Ezra Lusk

5. Ricky Carmichael

He gave a lot of memories to us all.  I remember meeting him in Phoenix at a steakhouse the Wednesday - Thursday before the race, he was super cool and took the time talk with us and play with my son in his stroller.  One of his guys left and came back with small 22 number plate stickers to put on the shade visor of the stroller cause we were joking that it looked like a motovisor. it was well worth the trip from El Paso, Texas to watch the race, but even better to meet a solid guy that is one of the most humble ever.... right up there with KDub.

• Like 2