Tremendous Trail Rider

S.Cal 4th of July, the King is coming

15 minutes ago, Govt Cheese said:

*reported for touché

*reported for using French and eating really thin pancakes. 

47308AA9-5DF0-4AC6-AD17-5346E281DDFC.gif.02ae8a8dcd41e7fc115143c1f628469a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/1/2020 at 12:09 PM, SteveThe Snakes said:

I’m gonna goo get a ready! Stand back Flower Power baby. 

0C282E7D-E049-4E27-AB50-436BE92C0C50.jpeg

Nice bike.  I just bought a touring BMW with only 16,000 mi and inline six cyl. Friggin' luxury liner. Crappy pic.20200618_214331.jpg.ae065e8fa0f893c33a56515f9e115387.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday was a good day in the desert. The original crew was back together, now with addition of 909's offspring, The Punisher. 

It was also The Punishers quinceañera - she's finally a man.

In deference to the sun gods, we started out the ride by going to the Radio Towers. It's a nice casual climb that we normally do at the end of the day, but since it was going to get a bit warm (101f per the weather channel) we decided to do it first.

We also decided to start earlier than usual, around 1030am. Gotta wait for the sun to be straight overhead, otherwise there might be some shadows to hide under. Shadows are cheating.

In theory, we could have started earlier, but all the bikes were in pieces from Saturday's fiesta. Also The Anvil bought several dozen frozen burritos and handed them out for breakfast. I had 2 of them, and shortly thereafter the urgent gurgling started. Apparently I had 'the face'.  No bueno. I was pacing like a caged animal; like a caged animal that just ate some terrible frozen burritos. After 3 trips to the bano and some pepto bismo I was finally ready to go.

Since Creme Fraiche and I didn't ride on Saturday we showed up with functioning bikes and time to burn. Fraiche walked in the door with a White Claw in his hand. Not willing to be out-Zima'd by Fraiche, The Anvil and the Riddler both grabbed their favorite flavor Claw out of the cooler - Big Black Cherry, aka BBC.

By the time we fired up the bikes (at 1030 in the morning), the score was:

Anvil:        Swallowed 3 BBCs

Riddler:    Swallowed 3 BBCc

Fraiche:    Swallowed 5 White Claws of various ethnicity flavors

On to the Radio Tower Trail. The path there is mostly straight and narrow, with a little hill in the middle. It's not even a hill compared to the Radio Tower, but there were some dust storms happening.

I went offline about 2/3rds of the way up and gravity took over. I righted the bike and rolled it back a few feet to a slightly less vertical spot.

The Riddler saw this happening and jumped at the opportunity to try and punish me. Fortunately I had placed my bike in the ideal spot and now it was the perfect roadblock. As the Riddler approached I pointed to an alternative line for him to take, and he did -- right into a loose soft hole. Riddler was on his side, and I fired up my bike to return the favor. Riddler had his bike upright in milliseconds and we were both WOT screaming up the loose boulderfield. This dragrace wasn't even a challenge-- my superior motorcycle outdid Riddlers superior riding skill and I arrived at the saddle first.  

The punishment score:

525: 1

Husqueervarna: 0

Here's the saddle of the not-a-hill on the way to the start of the ride. As I explained earlier, it's not even a real hill, it doesn't even have a name:

wolfhill.jpg.2010c8e0e52c8b019090608e3487bcae.jpg

...to be continued.....

Edited by mitchb
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

After the battle at RGS(Riddler Got Served) Hill the King in the North had been bruised, but she was not broken.

We made our way to the next section which had yet to earn a name. This area is directly under the sun regardless of the time of day or night. It's littered with boulders and then dusted with the chalkiest dirt ever created.

The first 50ft of trail made everyone dismount in some way. The Punisher looked like she had a belly full of bad oysters and was the shade of soiled bed sheets. The Sheepskin took off like there was no rocks. I think he was using the Beta Flotation Device function to float to the top. The rest of us piled up at the base of The Slab. Mitch makes it up and around without revving past 2500rpm. I see everybody is comfortably sitting back with their phones out waiting for a volunteer, I'll be your huckleberry. Before I go though, I get into position by blasting everyone with a hefty serving of dust. Then I gracefully make it over the slab and around the corner with barely a blip of the throttle. As I make it to Mitch he asks me "How much more do you think your bike can take?", I was very cornfused why she would say that.

{insert video here}

Next up was Punisher. She obviously wanted to out do my showmanship, so she hits the slab at a hundrit, spins the wheel, smokes the clutch, gets tossed around like shes in a moonbounce, and as she makes the turn she loops it back the opposite direction. Beautiful Champ. She must not have ate her wheaties this morning. Not surprising though, both father and son have severe allergies to switchbacks. They often induce sudden loss of balance and/or ramblings of why we have to go back to the casa for water.

{insert video here}

The Riddler sees her opportunity to out do both Punisher and I. He lets go of the clutch and double zaps his way right up the slab.. halfway. Then hastily spins his tire while at redline. She loses a foot of progress before gaining a few feet forward. She's looking around for options(tire still spinning) then decides to go forward. She stops to take a breath(tire still spinning), regains composure and makes it to the turn. The greatest show on the planet. That's when Punisher gets jelly and has to outshine Riddler by flying over the bars for no apparent reason other than to steal the show.

{insert video here}

Meanwhile, Mitch had carried on up the trail but got stuck, and I was waiting to see what I could avoid. Riddler had different plans though, he wanted to pay Mitch back, so he passes me and roosts the chalk straight onto my face. This is when the trail got special. Riddler was fighting fierce to put the pass on Mitch. He got a good drive at the bottom, then got on the pipe and had it made... until he didn't.

Down goes the King..

Off her bike, front wheel pointing toward the sky, rear wheel wedged between rocks and handlebars anchored into the boulder. A foot away from passing Mitch.

you-shall-not-pass.png

Down goes the King.

I see this calamity happening, and yell "GET HIM MITCH!!!11!1"

Without hesitation Mitch's bike was fired and I hear the sweet music of 10,000rpm's and see a plume of dust so dense the sun disappeared. When the dust settled I saw Mitch was nowhere to be found, but there the King was with battered legs. Mitch got him.. and so did I because as soon as I could see again my bike was lit and this is a no help zone.

I found Mitch at the next section. This obstacle requires a bit of brute force because all the dirt had been removed from prior rides. Mitch went left to engineer a new way past the trench, and I go right into the trench. Mitch was conjuring a new way that requires jumping his 500lb bike across a boulder gap, she is so gone it's ridiculous. I'm spending my energy frivolously, get the front wheel over the trench then toss the bike over. Done. Riddler pulls up and asks which way, both Mitch and I point opposite directions. Riddler was immediately triggered. Then the peanut gallery 200' down the hill started yelling directions too. The Riddler was so cornfused she could not even speak. It was glorious.

I make it up to the top and see that The Sheep had been at the top so long he set up a tamale cart and was sipping a BBC. Last I saw, Mitch and Riddler were at the same section. Now we wait.

I hear a bike in the distance... it's not a two stroke.

Mitch comes up the hill with a grin from ear to ear.

525: 2

Welcome to the top of Riddler Falls.

KIMG0856.JPG.afde1b09e5c28e98a3b5f88fae688809.JPG

To be continued...

Edited by TheW0LF
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, TheW0LF said:

After the battle at RGS(Riddler Got Served) Hill the King in the North had been bruised, but she was not broken.

We made our way to the next section which had yet to earn a name. This area is directly under the sun regardless of the time of day or night. It's littered with boulders and then dusted with the chalkiest dirt ever created.

The first 50ft of trail made everyone dismount in some way. The Punisher looked like she had a belly full of bad oysters and was the shade of soiled bed sheets. The Sheepskin took off like there was no rocks. I think he was using the Beta Flotation Device function to float to the top. The rest of us piled up at the base of The Slab. Mitch makes it up and around without revving past 2500rpm. I see everybody is comfortably sitting back with their phones out waiting for a volunteer, I'll be your huckleberry. Before I go though, I get into position by blasting everyone with a hefty serving of dust. Then I gracefully make it over the slab and around the corner with barely a blip of the throttle. As I make it to Mitch he asks me "How much more do you think your bike can take?", I was very cornfused why she would say that.

{insert video here}

Next up was Punisher. She obviously wanted to out do my showmanship, so she hits the slab at a hundrit, spins the wheel, smokes the clutch, gets tossed around like shes in a moonbounce, and as she makes the turn she loops it back the opposite direction. Beautiful Champ. She must not have ate her wheaties this morning. Not surprising though, both father and son have severe allergies to switchbacks. They often induce sudden loss of balance and/or ramblings of why we have to go back to the casa for water.

{insert video here}

The Riddler sees her opportunity to out do both Punisher and I. He lets go of the clutch and double zaps his way right up the slab.. halfway. Then hastily spins his tire while at redline. She loses a foot of progress before gaining a few feet forward. She's looking around for options(tire still spinning) then decides to go forward. She stops to take a breath(tire still spinning), regains composure and makes it to the turn. The greatest show on the planet. That's when Punisher gets jelly and has to outshine Riddler by flying over the bars for no apparent reason other than to steal the show.

{insert video here}

Meanwhile, Mitch had carried on up the trail but got stuck, and I was waiting to see what I could avoid. Riddler had different plans though, he wanted to pay Mitch back, so he passes me and roosts the chalk straight onto my face. This is when the trail got special. Riddler was fighting fierce to put the pass on Mitch. He got a good drive at the bottom, then got on the pipe and had it made... until he didn't.

Down goes the King..

Off her bike, front wheel pointing toward the sky, rear wheel wedged between rocks and handlebars anchored into the boulder. A foot away from passing Mitch.

you-shall-not-pass.png

Down goes the King.

I see this calamity happening, and yell "GET HIM MITCH!!!11!1"

Without hesitation Mitch's bike was fired and I hear the sweet music of 10,000rpm's and see a plume of dust so dense the sun disappeared. When the dust settled I saw Mitch was nowhere to be found, but there the King was with battered legs. Mitch got him.. and so did I because as soon as I could see again my bike was lit and this was a no help zone.

I found Mitch at the next section. This obstacle requires a bit of brute force because all the dirt had been removed from prior rides. Mitch went left to engineer a new way past the trench, and I go right into the trench. Mitch was conjuring a new way that requires jumping his 500lb bike across a boulder gap, she is so gone it's ridiculous. I'm spending my energy frivolously, get the front wheel over the trench then toss the bike over. Done. Riddler pulls up and asks which way, both Mitch and I point opposite direction. Riddler was immediately triggered. Then the peanut gallery 200' down the hill started yelling directions too. The Riddler was so cornfused she could not even speak. It was glorious.

I make it up to the top and see that The Sheep had been at the top so long he set up a tamale cart and was sipping a BBC. Last I saw, Mitch and Riddler were they were at the same section. Now we wait.

I hear a bike in the distance... it's not a two stroke.

Mitch comes up the hill with a grin from ear to ear.

525: 2

To be continued...

Question: Are they still there with sleeping bags? 🤔

8 minutes ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

Question: Are they still there with sleeping bags? 🤔

They all tried to climb in her sleeping bag. Had to kick 'em out. Too many cobs and not enough coconuts. 😎

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, BigStick530 said:

The Riddler said she has the SoCal crew coming up this way later this month? 

Dreams really can come true

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheW0LF said:

To be continued...

Wow like a movie set 

Edited by bigbob

11 hours ago, bigbob said:

Wow like a movie set 

Can you see the Cheese's house from there? It looks familiar

• Haha 1