ITLKSEZ

Chain saw mount pics

Posted (edited)

It seems that all the old saw mount threads have been hijacked by photobucket, so I figured I’d start a new one to keep things relevant. Post what you’ve got, if you’re happy with it...

I made a new saw mount for my bike. The old one was a prototype that had gone through 4 different configurations and ended up functional but too close to my butt, the ratchet strap was a pain to work 100 times per ride, and my bigger saw didn’t fit in it. This one uses a toggle clamp. I still need to get a scabbard to attach to it.

vLggKLq.jpg

F1FBf6f.jpg

Hewj7Gu.jpg

SWHfrVQ.jpg

tWEJ9in.jpg

7nBAIEo.jpg

Edited by ITLKSEZ
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 2

Made this saw mount for the 230 ranch goat. 1x2 channel and some left over angle, didn't have a decent back plate but the ply has held up.

0021.jpg

0031.jpg

005.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, ITLKSEZ said:

It seems that all the old saw mount threads have been hijacked by photobucket, so I figured I’d start a new one to keep things relevant. Post what you’ve got, if you’re happy with it...

I made a new saw mount for my bike. The old one was a prototype that had gone through 4 different configurations and ended up functional but too close to my butt, the ratchet strap was a pain to work 100 times per ride, and my bigger saw didn’t fit in it. This one uses a toggle clamp. I still need to get a scabbard to attach to it.

Any issues with the bar hitting the ground going over bumps?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cowboyona426 said:

Any issues with the bar hitting the ground going over bumps?

I hope not. 🤣

The pics are a little deceiving. The top of the tire is 13” from the subframe (not certain on actual travel), and the scabbard is 19” from the ground. So I can clear a 6” rock at full stuff. 

• Like 1

Just curious because with the extra weight of the saw you might be using up more travel than usual.  No clearing the big triples with the saw mounted I guess 🤣

• Haha 1

Two thing's when building a mount.

1. The dog's on the saw should sit in a slot on you're mount.

2. A push pin through the mount, across handle and through the mount again.

This does two things. Keeps the saw from bouncing around and every thing getting torn up from saw movement and the saw comes off in two seconds.

The biggest issues are saws moving around and coming loose and if you go with this pin system you will have already cut the log prior to your buddy removing his straps.

Straps are a real pain when you are cutting 50 to 100 logs on a ride.

This is my twelve years of sawing opinion anyways.

Pin with ball bearing

https://www.westechrigging.com/ball-detent-pin-038x3.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwxev3BRBBEiwAiB_PWMt_-m4i0guYCKe03EhyYiS5-mQ7mbIs-BsybmaNDa2S440VRa_LlxoCQtwQAvD_BwE

Edited by 8675309
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cowboyona426 said:

Just curious because with the extra weight of the saw you might be using up more travel than usual.  No clearing the big triples with the saw mounted I guess 🤣

Hold my beer...

• Haha 1

I forgot to post the finished pics. Mounted the shovel and made a grab strap from a ratchet strap too. The mount, empty, is 4 1/2 pounds. 

hyD438f.jpg

KRnoDez.jpg

The scabbard is attached to the mount, so it stays put when the saw is pulled out. 

ojPTTdo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

4 hours ago, 8675309 said:

if you go with this pin system you will have already cut the log prior to your buddy removing his straps.

You say that like it’s a good thing! LOL

I actually use 3 bungees, I know it’s slower, but I have to pace myself.

• Haha 1