cchurchi

Went dirt biking with my 73 year old mother.

I couldn't talk her out of it.  She went down to the Honda shop and bought a new CRF125F.  The last time she rode was at age 60.  I made sure we rode the easiest trails I could find.  She had fun and luckily didn't crash.  Still though, 73??  I doubt I'll be riding at that age.

IMG_9640[1].JPG

IMG_9637[1].JPG

IMG_9639[1].JPG

• Like 62
  • Helpful 8

That is very cool. Most women may want to ride at 70+ but their bones usually can't handle it.
I know a fairly large number of guys into their mid-70s who still ride trails.

• Like 7

You're a good son ....I hope my grandson takes me when I'm in my 70's.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2

Your post made me smile🙂! I’m 53 and started riding at age 40, so I could ride with my husband & kids. I always say I wish I started earlier! I hope I’m still riding at 70+. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 5

Cheers from Canada to both yourself and your obviously very spritely Mom!

• Like 2

Riding is a great exercise for the entire body.  Not only makes a person feel younger but also keeps them healthy. I have friends in their 80’s still competing in hare scrambles. I am the youngster at 75. Keep your mom on her bike. I have ridden with sons, grandsons and have a great grand daughter I will be riding with soon.  Riding with family are some of my best memories. 

• Like 6
  • Helpful 2

Before I had a driver's license, my Mom took my brother and I riding and said  "I'm not taking you home until you let me ride" off she went, I think it was a CR125,  couldn't turn..lol..so she crashed, couldn't pick it up. She loved it, our Moms are awesome! 

• Like 3

I hope you continue to take your mom out riding. If she brought the bike she would like to ride take it from a 68 year old. It will be some of her most memorable days. Just keep the trails ez

That’s awesome I still ride with some of my friends there mid 70’s not as fast as we where years ago but still riding I’m 67 Keep on riding Gramma

• Like 1

Riding will keep her young... great work out and so much fun for you to be able to share that kind of an experience together. Your one lucky guy! 

I’m glad your mom is still riding!  I’m 62, and hope I’m still riding on and off road when I’m her age! 

• Like 4