cchurchi

Went dirt biking with my 73 year old mother.

I bow down to her , that is awesome! People who are elders, and still ride truly inspire me. I really hope I can ride at even 60+ when the time comes. 

Posted (edited)

At 75 I still like turning laps on my KX450F every weekend I can. Got too many friends sitting at home drooling on themselves or dying from something. I'd rather go out on my bike and will ride on top of the dirt as long as I can.

Edited by KxTxn
  • Like 5
  • Helpful 1

You have a very smart mother. Keeping active keeps you young and healthy. She picked a good motorcycle too, easy to ride. You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old when you stop riding. 

Wish my mom was still around, but would be 99 yrs old and probably not want to go riding....but she would be hiking around whatever area we rode at.  I'm 74 and still ride trails as well as racing VMX events on my 1972 CZ 400 and 1964 Triumph Tiger Cub Scrambler.

Here's a photo of my oldest son (age 50) and I at a VMX event.  We share the CZ (in background) in two different classes.  I ride the CZ in over-70 and he rides it in Open Age.  I also ride my Triumph in the Pre-1965 Premier Lightweight.  

1170144495_MeandChris_RattlersRun.jpg.1db2964d3972a4e8ec5c4402523736c1.jpg

• Like 10

On 6/20/2020 at 4:08 PM, Carey Jones said:

That is so cool!  I’m 47 and I plan on riding as long as I live, hopefully into my late 80’s or maybe even 90’s lord willing.  Cheers to your moms adventurous spirit!

Now we're talking!

I am still riding regular dirt bikes at 80.  I am still in decent shape and will continue riding as long as I am able to.

• Like 5

This thread is full of AWESOME. 

And, a 400 CZ isn't the easiest bike to ride quickly...

But that Triumph....oh, that Triumph!

Tell your grandma she is the bomb🥳 from the community at Thumpertalk!

Yay! Gives me hope that I'll still be riding in my 70's. I'm 58 now. I loved seeing other women around my age posting about their passion for the sport and wish to keep riding, too. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. Please be sure to tell your mom she's a bada$s!!!

• Like 3

On 6/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, LauraM said:

I’m glad your mom is still riding!  I’m 62, and hope I’m still riding on and off road when I’m her age! 

Hey, Laura. Glad to hear you're also still riding!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:50 AM, Buttegal said:

Yay! Gives me hope that I'll still be riding in my 70's. I'm 58 now. ........... Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one.  

Nope! You're not the lone rangerette.....I'm 59 and and have been riding since the mid 70's. ....have traveled to many places up and down the Rocky Mountain Range to ride with other women riders....We're everywhere!! 

I'm alittle late to this party, I'm 62, I ride slower then use to but not slowin down, fav ridin buddy is my 25yr old daughter. 

Anyway cant believe nobody asked yet is mom single ? Would like to come ridin with u guys there, looks awsome country.

Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2020 at 9:47 PM, cchurchi said:

I couldn't talk her out of it.  She went down to the Honda shop and bought a new CRF125F.  The last time she rode was at age 60.  I made sure we rode the easiest trails I could find.  She had fun and luckily didn't crash.  Still though, 73??  I doubt I'll be riding at that age.

Nox Vidmate VLC

IMG_9640[1].JPG

IMG_9637[1].JPG

IMG_9639[1].JPG

I hope I’m still riding at 70+. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by aquiles grace