Help me pick a new bike!

Hi there, I am 13 years old and 5’4. I am looking for a dirtbike that is 150cc or more and a 4 stroke. I was considering a crf150r, but I read that they need more maintenance than others. I currently have a 93’ Yamaha rt100 and am just looking for something like a 150 with low maintenance but some more power than a 150f. 

The CRF150R would be perfect for you. Just keep your expectations in check and don't be afraid to do a little work. I'm 13, 6'0 and I have a RMZ250 which is my first bike. The maintenance schedule seemed crazy at first but it really isn't that bad. Just wash and inspect the bike every couple rides, and change the oil every 20hrs. From there just do any bigger jobs if you notice something is wrong. Happy searching!

29 minutes ago, duCOD pro said:

The CRF150R would be perfect for you. Just keep your expectations in check and don't be afraid to do a little work. I'm 13, 6'0 and I have a RMZ250 which is my first bike. The maintenance schedule seemed crazy at first but it really isn't that bad. Just wash and inspect the bike every couple rides, and change the oil every 20hrs. From there just do any bigger jobs if you notice something is wrong. Happy searching!

13 and 6ft? dang I didnt hit the 6 until I turned 16. maintenance or a performance bike isnt too bad. oil change 20hr, clean your air filter every 5-10 rides unless you get really dirty. chain, bearings, and finally the motor components.

23 hours ago, Jonah Loshnowsky said:

13 and 6ft? dang I didnt hit the 6 until I turned 16. maintenance or a performance bike isnt too bad. oil change 20hr, clean your air filter every 5-10 rides unless you get really dirty. chain, bearings, and finally the motor components.

lol yeah, pretty much my whole dads side of the family is 5'10 to 6'4. Couldn't have summed up the maintenance much better

On 6/25/2020 at 9:01 AM, Jonah Loshnowsky said:

Unless you’re babying that rmz, I would do be doing oil changes between 5-10 hours.

57 minutes ago, RawbW said:

Unless you’re babying that rmz, I would do be doing oil changes between 5-10 hours.

I've rode sport quads most of my life but this RMZ is my first dirtbike so the first few weeks I've had it I've been rarely getting out of 2nd gear on rides, so after this first 20hr oil change I'll probably start to get more comfortable on the bike and start doing every 10-15hrs.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:19 PM, Furgis said:

Hi there, I am 13 years old and 5’4. I am looking for a dirtbike that is 150cc or more and a 4 stroke. I was considering a crf150r, but I read that they need more maintenance than others. I currently have a 93’ Yamaha rt100 and am just looking for something like a 150 with low maintenance but some more power than a 150f. 

Yea the 150R is very quick and snappy compared to the F model. Good to have some mecanical experience when riding MX bike. No matter the brand, if its riden in water and mud... bearings , airfilter , sprokets etc will need a look at eventually. But take it as a opportunity to learn.

Good luck on your next bike buddy! Be safe and be well equipped.

Edited by MrKTMrider