Baffled by starting issue

Hi, hoping someone might have some bright ideas about my current issues...

2012 350 exc-f six days. Was running fine, been riding for 3+ hours in dry dusty conditions. Stopped for a break and it wouldn’t restart....

engine cranks, but won’t start, either with estart, or kick.

I’ve replaced the voltage reg, spark plug and holder plus new battery.  Also replaced inline fuel filter, filter in the tank and the filter on the fuel pump.  After all this I found a bent pin in the connector from the voltage reg to power relay. Straightened this and now get fuel pump prime, but still no start.

I’ve verified I have a spark, and have also pulled the injector and verified that I’m getting fuel.  

I’m waiting for a TPS test cable to arrive to check TPS voltage, but other than that, I’m out of ideas....

anyone think of anything I’ve missed?

are you getting spark, when you kick it, does it feel super easy like no compression ?

when My 500 cracked a piston crown, it was like kicking over a 125 2 stroke.

It was super obvious, I simply could not tell the compression loss by the estart   .

I do have a spark

I never used the kick start before, so nothing to compare it to directly, but I have been riding my buddies 2T 250 exc and it feels similar...

Edited by David Mancktelow
Added info

Next I would check the compression and valve timing.  For motors with some hours, when the timing chain and sprockets wear sometimes it will skip a tooth or two, usually on the crank shaft sprocket and often when the motor is at super low RPM's like idle or while starting.  Sometimes it's out of time just enough to not run, sometimes the piston will smack a valve.  I have no idea if that's what you have, but add it to the list of items to check.  Also if you have any starting fluid, shoot some down the throttle body and give it another try.  If it doesn't fire with starting fluid then you have a mechanical or spark issue, that stuff burns super easy.  

Yeah, this is starting to sound more like a possibility. I tried starter fluid, but before I found the bent pin. I need to try it again, but the bike is in pieces at the moment.

it does cough and splutter a bit if I add a bit of throttle while trying to start. I am starting to wonder about timing.

it’s due a valve clearance check, so time to get on with it and check I guess.  It has 170 hours on it, but I’ve only owned it for a year, so no idea what maintenance was done before...