Just bought a 2016 CRF250 to upgrade from an 08 230L. The bike has the stock exhaust but definitely doesn't sound stock. I believe one of the previous owners removed the spark arrestor. I'm not the biggest fan of how it sounds and I was wondering if an EJK would benefit me at all? Want to upgrade to an aftermarket exhaust at some point but not looking to spend the money now. Also thought about trying to buy someone's old stock exhaust with spark arrestor in it.

an ejk isn't going to do anything for sound...like at all. if they gutted parts of the muffler, then it's going to sound different and the only thing that would change that would be to fix/replace the muffler.

I have a spark arrestor out of a 2019. If you want it just pay the shipping. I bought a Lexx MXe. 

I really worded that bad. I didn't mind how it sounded but it had a lot of popping that was annoying. I just installed an EJK and so far it sounds better. Still trying to figure out the right setting for it though.

popping on deceleration (I assume) can often be caused by an exhaust leak. especially an exhaust leak near the header. I'd make sure your header is tight and all the clamps down the exhaust are tight as well.

Tried tightening down the bolts on the exhaust clamp and broke the bolt. Ordered a new clamp but was thinking about using high temp silicone instead? Tightened down the bolts on the header as well and the popping did come back after riding for a few hours. Might be popping now because the clamp can't be tightened..

Still reading up on aftermarket exhausts. Really want to get the Q4 but not wanting to spend that much money right now...