Beta4Stroke This fell out of gas tank

Ya- what is this? I found the same thing laying the ground under my 300RR. My bike still runs but I am curious what it is too.

1 hour ago, Josh Rowe said:

What is this?

Drained tank to fix fuel level float and it fell out20200625_181737.thumb.jpg.fc75f4ca04338a874c1d6b083401f9c1.jpg20200625_181734.thumb.jpg.44f3ef99ad728c5698b1e70e5a040b61.jpg

Man, hide that thing, its an FBI tracking device. Bro they are watching you. Uh-ohhhh. LOL! Just funnin you! Fuel tank part, cap, internal filter parts etc...Grab your shop manual  and let your fingers do the walking..,image.png.9b484cf00c514bdf503446f3fbde9e54.png

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Man, hide that thing, its an FBI tracking device. Bro they are watching you. Uh-ohhhh. LOL! Just funnin you! Fuel tank part, cap, internal filter parts etc...Grab your shop manual  and let your fingers do the walking..,image.png.9b484cf00c514bdf503446f3fbde9e54.png

This dude day drinks🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🍹🥃🍸🥂🍷🍻🍾🍻🍹🍾🍺🍷🍹🍷🍸🍼🍼🍼🍼

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's a backflow preventer that specializes in creating vapor lock problems. If you have an upside down bike a fuel leak could occur without it.. Junk it.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 2

I found mine on the floor near the bike and was puzzled for a while. Never saw it fall off when I was refueling.

That's the Beta fuel cap vent/backflow device. CHUCK IT immediately.

If you want proper ventilation, get a cheap aluminum or inline vent tube version. The green one will fail closed, and your carb will choke on vacuum (fuel starve) without proper tank venting. I learned that way. Tried to fix it, didn't take, threw it out and got a regular top vent.

• Like 3

I ended up using a punch and knocking the insides out of the green piece then snapped the green piece back on as a "splash guard" not sure if that reasoning checks out or not but at least it vents all the time now. If you spend a lot of time with the top of the bike facing down you might get some fuel spillage... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, barker14 said:

I ended up using a punch and knocking the insides out of the green piece then snapped the green piece back on as a "splash guard" not sure if that reasoning checks out or not but at least it vents all the time now. If you spend a lot of time with the top of the bike facing down you might get some fuel spillage... 

I did this as well. Works half way decent. I still leak some gas while transporting though

• Like 2

On the 300 it fell off in the tank and I seen it there after removing the fuel. It took me a few minutes to remove from inside the tank. When I bought the 200 I removed it that day before I even rode the bike. In fact I think it ended up in the garbage can of a Washington state ferry.

Edited by Eric72
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:19 PM, Josh Rowe said:

What is this?

Drained tank to fix fuel level float and it fell out20200625_181737.thumb.jpg.fc75f4ca04338a874c1d6b083401f9c1.jpg20200625_181734.thumb.jpg.44f3ef99ad728c5698b1e70e5a040b61.jpg

Valve seal 

Giant valve seal lol

21 hours ago, Eric72 said:

In fact I think it ended up in the garbage can of a Washington state ferry.

so now the FBI is tracking a strange boat that only goes back and forth along the same route. Highly suspicious.