Skylar Willsie

2018 coolster 125 214FC clutch isn’t working please help!

So I bought a 2018 coolster 125 dirt bike and the old clutch kinda just quit working mid ride to the point of where it doesn’t take the motor out of gear so , when you start it and pull in the clutch lever and put bike in gear it just stalls , I’ve bought rn and replaced the entire clutch and still have the same problem any tips ?

make sure your levers are properly adjusted, then what i do with my ssr 160 tr is wrap something around my the clutch lever and i leave it for a minute or so to get the clutch plates loosened up, i have heavy duty clutch springs so i have issues every time i leave the bike for a week or so then go to ride the clutch just doesnt want to let go of itself, with your new clutch i would assume it is very grippy, did you soak your clutch disks in oil before install? if not you might need to

• Like 1

Just now, Randy K said:

make sure your levers are properly adjusted, then what i do with my ssr 160 tr is wrap something around my the clutch lever and i leave it for a minute or so to get the clutch plates loosened up, i have heavy duty clutch springs so i have issues every time i leave the bike for a week or so then go to ride the clutch just doesnt want to let go of itself, with your new clutch i would assume it is very grippy, did you soak your clutch disks in oil before install? if not you might need to

Hey! We meet again!

On 6/27/2020 at 5:46 PM, Skylar Willsie said:

Anyone have a diagram for that bike to make it a little easier ?

Hey dude! Sorry for the late reply but here’s a Pitbikes clutch diagram... as you can see there is many clutch plates, but in between each clutch disc is a metal disc (not a flywheel). That all the discs rub against when you realese the clutch. The metal discs are fixed to the clutch basket below the clutch set. Everything fits together tightly. When you pull the clutch lever in, your moving the clutch discs away from the metal disc. Hope that helps!image.jpeg.0030b30d6addd0ba2b96a17670bcc67d.jpeg

On 6/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, Skylar Willsie said:

So I bought a 2018 coolster 125 dirt bike and the old clutch kinda just quit working mid ride to the point of where it doesn’t take the motor out of gear so , when you start it and pull in the clutch lever and put bike in gear it just stalls , I’ve bought rn and replaced the entire clutch and still have the same problem any tips ?

I have had problems with a sticky clutch in my ssr 160 tr, i removed the clutch side cover of the motor( drain oil first or you will have a horrible mess) and cleaned and reoiled my clutch arm( the little lever that decompresses the clutch. Another option is to wrap a ziptie or tape around the clutch lever for a few minutes( this helps the clutch plates loosen up after a few days-months of sitting). Then remove the tape and it that doesn't help....well there is one last eay to break the clutch loose but it is a last resort is rev the bike up in neutral and while the is high in the revs and pop it into first( dont do this unless you know your cutch is properly adjust) this can cause wear internally (gearbox mainly)if your doing this so again last resort!