Yz250f idle

My 2006 yz250f has been idling weird. When I first start the bike it idles normal, then once I start riding and the bike gets hot the idle drops, and I have to adjust it back up. Could this be my idle screw moving from the vibration? 

1 hour ago, Jason Urion said:

My 2006 yz250f has been idling weird. When I first start the bike it idles normal, then once I start riding and the bike gets hot the idle drops, and I have to adjust it back up. Could this be my idle screw moving from the vibration? 

Not directly familiar with Yamaha, but most idles screws have a spring around them so as not to turn from the vibration.  Take a magic marker or some white-out, and make a mark on the screw and the carburetor body.  Then go ride it and see if the marks are still aligned after the idle changes.  If they are still aligned, then it may be a fuel mixture problem.

On 6/27/2020 at 1:54 PM, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

Not directly familiar with Yamaha, but most idles screws have a spring around them so as not to turn from the vibration.  Take a magic marker or some white-out, and make a mark on the screw and the carburetor body.  Then go ride it and see if the marks are still aligned after the idle changes.  If they are still aligned, then it may be a fuel mixture problem.

Do you know if that would Be caused by a lean, or rich fuel mixture?

Idle screw rotating (spring missing) while you are turning the throttle, or an incorrect pilot, can both make the idle change.

10 hours ago, Jason Urion said:

Do you know if that would Be caused by a lean, or rich fuel mixture?

Idle screw rotating (spring missing) while you are turning the throttle, or an incorrect pilot, can both make the idle change.

When I say idle screw, I mean the one that raises and lowers the slide in the carburetor.

Pilot screw changes the mixture at idle.