Trials is so good!

No one likes real riding? I think I should get a trials bike just to ride at my house! I have a rock pit for a parking lot sized driveway. Who wants to be trials guys with me!?

I'll show pics if others will to have conversation...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mxaniac said:

I'm very impressed with trials.  Much like golf, chess, and ballet it isn't as good of a spectator sport as SX though.

So good watching talent on two wheels! I'm gaining love for sports like this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom451 said:

No one likes real riding? I think I should get a trials bike just to ride at my house! I have a rock pit for a parking lot sized driveway. Who wants to be trials guys with me!?

If only I was younger dark phantom!!

I’ve learned time and time again to not try to learn any new sports at my age!!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I would probably watch more if I was aware of a schedule or availablity on TV.  I've just never taken the initiative to look all that up.

YouTube TV is freaking great! Just get a keyboard for your tv to search easier. This just popped up in my recommendations I didnt look for it. But I do search for bike vids all the time sooo....

• Helpful 1

10 hours ago, phantom451 said:

YouTube TV is freaking great! Just get a keyboard for your tv to search easier. This just popped up in my recommendations I didnt look for it. But I do search for bike vids all the time sooo....

I'm trying to ditch google products.  It won't happen overnight though, they are deeply ingrained in my life.

• Like 1

Ya me and my buddies all got our first bikes (trials) back in the later 70's/80's. A buddy and a big property that backed on to a river gorge and we spent hours making our own sections and riding them over and over until we could clean them.

One of the dude was pretty serious, compete and bought a new Fantic every few years. Him a few other guys actually shipped them to Scotland for the 6 Days back in the late 80's but most of of use where just into for the fun.

Then the first mountain bikes started coming out and I got into that more and I have to say, being able to ride a trails bike IMO influenced how I road MTB and to an extent skiing and snowboarding.

I'd never been on a real dirt bike until 2010 and at the age of 50 bought my first one and actually picked it pretty quick in the hard/technical fast/flowy and could out ride some of the 30 year old dudes.

Sorry that this is taking me down memory lane and for a number of reasons have not be on any of my bikes much in the last year and I'm SERIOUSLY out of shape and feeling like a tired old man :(

On a lighter note, I'd like to see some more TT members trials vid's and once piece suits are optional ?

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

11 minutes ago, filterx said:

Ya me and my buddies all got our first bikes (trials) back in the later 70's/80's. A buddy and a big property that backed on to a river gorge and we spent hours making our own sections and riding them over and over until we could clean them.

One of the dude was pretty serious, compete and bought a new Fantic every few years. Him a few other guys actually shipped them to Scotland for the 6 Days back in the late 80's but most of of use where just into for the fun.

Then the first mountain bikes started coming out and I got into that more and I have to say, being able to ride a trails bike IMO influenced how I road MTB and to an extent skiing and snowboarding.

I'd never been on a real dirt bike until 2010 and at the age of 50 bought my first one and actually picked it pretty quick in the hard/technical fast/flowy and could out ride some of the 30 year old dudes.

Sorry that this is taking me down memory lane and for a number of reasons have not be on any of my bikes much in the last year and I'm SERIOUSLY out of shape and feeling like a tired old man :(

On a lighter note, I'd like to see some more TT members trials vid's and once piece suits are optional ?

I think telling old stories is as good as this place will get before mx starts. 

I suggest to anyone that wants to share trials experience to post any and all of it. 

• Like 1

My first bike was a TY175 and other dudes were on Bultaco's, Montessa's and maybe even a Gas Gas or a Beta but I can't remember that far back.

A buddy actually gave me this in 2009 and rode it before I bought my CRF in 2010 and IMO a great little bike and was never going to sell it but it had been sitting for a few years and someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse and he's still riding it today.

DSCF0080.1.jpg.759e49cfdabf82ff055793a5e0f71d90.jpg

• Like 1

Well trials riding is not for everyone. back when I was in high school, yeah in the 70s, we had Bultacos and Ossas and were good at showing off pulling wheelies one guy even rode inside the school and the girls were definitely wowed. But at my age I need real suspension which came along later and I can't live without it. Wheel travel helps too?

10 minutes ago, kachow said:

Well trials riding is not for everyone. back when I was in high school, yeah in the 70s, we had Bultacos and Ossas and were good at showing off pulling wheelies one guy even rode inside the school and the girls were definitely wowed. But at my age I need real suspension which came along later and I can't live without it. Wheel travel helps too?

GO HAWKS

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 4:50 PM, phantom451 said:

I love trials. 

14 hours ago, mxaniac said:

I'm trying to ditch google products.  It won't happen overnight though, they are deeply ingrained in my life.

Duckduckgo.com for search engine. But Google maps is still necessary. Also Parler instead of twitter. Alternatives to the bs are starting to pop up. 

• Helpful 1

On 6/27/2020 at 5:23 PM, MANIAC998 said:

If only I was younger dark phantom!!

I’ve learned time and time again to not try to learn any new sports at my age!!

21 hours ago, kachow said:

Don’t let age keep you away from trials! The average new trials rider is in their 40’s or 50’s! Couple have been the their 60’s! It’s a great sport to go to when your body and mind are worn out from moto.  Like someone else said, it’s not for everyone though. I’ve taken guys out who love it and immediately buy bikes and ride every weekend and other guys who think it’s totally dumb and want nothing to do with it. Have to be able to check your ego at the door, it can be very humbling. 

Those videos are great, but like I tell most people that’s not real trials for most of us. It’s like watching Tomac easily hit triples or skim the whoops, your watching the best in the world. The difference is any of us can ride around a Supercross track, none of us could even attempt those sections in the videos. 

I love trials and the people in it. It’s a great family sport as you can actually do it together. Both my boys do it and ride at a very high level now.  Keefer often talks about how it’s good to get your kids into trials before moto to teach them proper technique.  I got into trials at 30 after growing up racing off-road. Now at age 48 it’s all I want to do! 

Here’s what an average experienced trials rider looks like. It’s along way from those videos ?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

33 minutes ago, Cullins said:

Don’t let age keep you away from trials! The average new trials rider is in their 40’s or 50’s! Couple have been the their 60’s! It’s a great sport to go to when your body and mind are worn out from moto.  Like someone else said, it’s not for everyone though. I’ve taken guys out who love it and immediately buy bikes and ride every weekend and other guys who think it’s totally dumb and want nothing to do with it. Have to be able to check your ego at the door, it can be very humbling. 

Those videos are great, but like I tell most people that’s not real trials for most of us. It’s like watching Tomac easily hit triples or skim the whoops, your watching the best in the world. The difference is any of us can ride around a Supercross track, none of us could even attempt those sections in the videos. 

I love trials and the people in it. It’s a great family sport as you can actually do it together. Both my boys do it and ride at a very high level now.  Keefer often talks about how it’s good to get your kids into trials before moto to teach them proper technique.  I got into trials at 30 after growing up racing off-road. Now at age 48 it’s all I want to do! 

Here’s what an average experienced trials rider looks like. It’s along way from those videos ?

I don't think my shoulder would hold up after all the injuries.  It does look fun though thanks for sharing.