duCOD pro

Good jersey and pants for hot rides

I live in Texas where an average summer day has a high of 98. I've worn Fly Racing's F16 jersey and pant for almost a year now and I'm ready to upgrade to something a little nicer with more breath-ability that won't break the bank. I was looking a Troy Lee Designs GP Air series but I'm not a huge fan of the color choices and graphics, but If that's my only choice then I'd be fine with it. Any other recommendations?

4 minutes ago, Into the sunset said:

The white & blue combo goes with any bike:https://fxrracing.com/collections/podium-air-moto

I really like the look of those! They don't have my size of pant in stock right now which kinda sucks. I was also just looking at the O'Neal Racing Airwear Freez gear and that is looking promising. Especially since I'm not a huge fan of the athletic fit stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Into the sunset said:

O’Neal makes a good product. Anything with mesh venting is probably going to rip if you go down. 

Oh ok. I mainly ride/race quads so if I do go down on the ATV everything is going to be destroyed anyway lol.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

As I said in your last thread about the Texas heat, Klim Mojave is well worth the price tag. Very high quality gear,that’s very durable, and even a light breeze blows through it like you’re not wearing anything. 

Edited by 69fastback
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, 69fastback said:

As I said in your last thread about the Texas heat, Klim Mojave is well worth the price tag. Very high quality gear,that’s very durable, and even a light breeze blows through it like you’re not wearing anything. 

My only worry with the Kilm Mojave stuff is that the pants seems like they would be too bulky/heavy for MX

6 hours ago, duCOD pro said:

My only worry with the Kilm Mojave stuff is that the pants seems like they would be too bulky/heavy for MX

I see. Well for me, I love it and it’s well worth the money. I don’t think you’ll find a more durable set that ventilates as well. FWIW, I don’t find the pants bulky at all. They fit me well, but I’m 6’2” 220 lbs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

I see. Well for me, I love it and it’s well worth the money. I don’t think you’ll find a more durable set that ventilates as well. FWIW, I don’t find the pants bulky at all. They fit me well, but I’m 6’2” 220 lbs. 

Oh, you are about as tall and weigh a little more than me so I guess the fit would be good. I'll see if I can catch them on sale and maybe try them out

3 minutes ago, duCOD pro said:

Oh, you are about as tall and weigh a little more than me so I guess the fit would be good. I'll see if I can catch them on sale and maybe try them out

There are quite a few options out there for ventilated gear, so try them all, and you may find something you like better, but I don’t think you’ll find anything that ventilates as well and has the durability. I get it, because I’m in Texas too, and a lot of the stuff we ride at RRMT is in tress and canyons, with high humidity, protected from any kind of wind. I refuse to shed my safety gear and the Mojave stuff makes a difference for me. 

• Like 1

Although I’m sitting on my back patio right now drinking a beer and it’s 78°. How the hell Does that happens?  Wish I weren’t on reserve till the end of the month. 

17 hours ago, duCOD pro said:

I live in Texas where an average summer day has a high of 98. I've worn Fly Racing's F16 jersey and pant for almost a year now and I'm ready to upgrade to something a little nicer with more breath-ability that won't break the bank. I was looking a Troy Lee Designs GP Air series but I'm not a huge fan of the color choices and graphics, but If that's my only choice then I'd be fine with it. Any other recommendations?

The TLD's are good(I'm wearing them in my avatar). Also try Moose Sahara's, extremely light and well vented. I also always go for white, or as close as I can get.

I just bought O'Neil pants/jersey combo that was on sale... they look like they will be pretty comfortable in the heat.  I wear a tshirt, body armor, and elbow pads and still think the shirt and pants will let plenty of air in.  They feel surprisingly durable as well.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:32 PM, duCOD pro said:

I really like the Klim Mojave pants and jersey for warm weather plus I am 5'10" with a dry weight of 155 lbs.

Buddy of mine just bought a pant/jersey combo from "Shot" off Amazon. No ideal the durability but it's a mesh material and looks very cool as in cold and cheap. Probably buy 2-3 sets for price of good name brand stuff