markdgregory

Water Ban - Bike Washing what do you do?

Hi all,

I have a water ban in my area, so no vehical washing.  I was wondering, how do you you wash your bike in such situations?

-Mark

In most places car washes are exempt to those rules as it’s a business. See if you can find a coin operated spray wash that’s running.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Into the sunset said:

In most places car washes are exempt to those rules as it’s a business. See if you can find a coin operated spray wash that’s running.

They are exempt because they reclaim and reuse a good bit of the water.

• Helpful 2

Lol.....so funny story. 

2 days ago, I wash washing my truck in the driveway. I live in a small town of about 1500 people, where everybody knows everybody. Well, the cop come rolling up, driving all aggressive like they do, jumps out of his Tahoe in my driveway and asks me what I think I’m doing. I was at a total loss as to what he was taking even taking about. 

long story short, after a conversation, he informed me that we are under water rationing, and he was an ass about it. I told him I never received a notification in the mail. Well, turns out they notified us by Facebook. Great!  I’ve never had Facebook in my entire life. How was I supposed to know?  He actually threatened to write me a ticket and I told him I’d have a lawyer tomorrow, because nowhere does it state that I am required to have Facebook to receive my official notifications from the water department, and there’s no way that Facebook is a official means of notification from a government organization. He didn’t write me a ticket, but we had a pretty unfriendly discussion. I told him it’s bullshit and to write me a ticket, and it would end up being a very publicized event. Bastards. 

anyways, sorry to hijack. You can use a car wash because they’re exempt. 

• Like 7
  • Helpful 4
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

Lol.....so funny story. 

2 days ago, I wash washing my truck in the driveway. I live in a small town of about 1500 people, where everybody knows everybody. Well, the cop come rolling up, driving all aggressive like they do, jumps out of his Tahoe in my driveway and asks me what I think I’m doing. I was at a total loss as to what he was taking even taking about. 

long story short, after a conversation, he informed me that we are under water rationing, and he was an ass about it. I told him I never received a notification in the mail. Well, turns out they notified us by Facebook. Great!  I’ve never had Facebook in my entire life. How was I supposed to know?  He actually threatened to write me a ticket and I told him I’d have a lawyer tomorrow, because nowhere does it state that I am required to have Facebook to receive my official notifications from the water department, and there’s no way that Facebook is a official means of notification from a government organization. He didn’t write me a ticket, but we had a pretty unfriendly discussion. I told him it’s bullshit and to write me a ticket, and it would end up being a very publicized event. Bastards. 

What a useless human being,go fight some real crime,lazy prick

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

Lol.....so funny story. 

Which neighbor called you in?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

Lol.....so funny story. 

That's a funny story, and you're not even in California!

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Doctor Impostor said:

Water ban lol. Push your bike in the back yard and wash it where no one can see you and be a &%$#@!ing narc.

Don't you just have to leave your bike in the back yard for an hour or so, and the rain takes care of it? 🤣

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, RichieGoatGruff said:

Which neighbor called you in?

Lol....while definitely not out of the question, I don’t “think” anyone around here would do that. We used to be county and got annexed a few years ago so they could get our tax money. Everyone out here drives quads, SxS, and dirtbikes around the neighborhood and even after we got annexed, they didn’t care for a while. Now they’re starting to crack down, so the cops roll through here frequently. 

• Angry 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, motovita said:

That's a funny story, and you're not even in California!

No, but since Toyota and liberty mutual here, half our neighborhood are Kaliforna transplants. Dove season opens September 1st, and it sounds like war at daylight. All these damn city transplants were calling the cops! What’s funny is we are a rural Dallas suburb. Not really “in the country” and all these same people talk about how they “moved to the country,” but some bird hunting freaks them out and they call the cops. These people have never seen what “in the country” really is. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Our area has water conservation programs too. I was a little worried about the lack of water so I turned on every tap in the house full blast. I ran them for about an hour. There was plenty of water. I have no idea what the restrictions are for?

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Into the sunset said:

Our area has water conservation programs too. I was a little worried about the lack of water so I turned on every tap in the house full blast. I ran them for about an hour. There was plenty of water. I have no idea what the restrictions are for?

That is smart thinkin.

• Helpful 2
  • Haha 2

We have kind of a co-op thing. No restrictions, but a tiered pricing schedule. 2000' down through rock for a new well in a fairly rapidly growing area. ~3500 gal a month usage for us, even with wifey growing weeds. I seldom wash anything so it's not an issue.

Flagstaff proper though...:crazy:

Just wash it with water

It's your local municipality or town hall's responsibility to ensure water

Isn't that what they're paid to do...

Then go for another ride then wash it again 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks all for the idea's.  Mix of coin operated and less frequent washes it is then.  We have 4 bikes, with the family - coin will get pricy.

-mark

Now if there's a water usage ban that tells me your area is in a drought? Right? So where are you finding all the mud hole's? Bikes don't need to be washed to remove dust! Air compressor works great. 

• Like 2