elrontx

fast rocky sections on a 2 stroke

11 minutes ago, elrontx said:

What do you mean by mono them?

Keep on the pipe and keep the front wheel light. On a 4t you can pick your way through stuff and use the predictable power delivery as needed, on a smoker you just get on the throttle and hammer over it. Your fork won't deflect if the front wheel is barely touching the ground. It's a really different style of riding on an mx based 2t. I like rocks, momentum is your friend. 

20200529_121106.jpg

11 hours ago, elrontx said:

thanks, the heaviest one is 13 ounces, idk what stock is. the bike now is good in the slow tech stuff and the flowy trails but the hit messes me up in the long rock hills. 

Im running the 13. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, elrontx said:

thanks, the heaviest one is 13 ounces, idk what stock is. the bike now is good in the slow tech stuff and the flowy trails but the hit messes me up in the long rock hills. 

Get the GYTR flywheel.

9 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Get the GYTR flywheel.

I seen that one on Rocky Mountain it’s a 8.4 ounce. Will that make a difference?

29 minutes ago, Doctor Impostor said:

Keep on the pipe and keep the front wheel light. On a 4t you can pick your way through stuff and use the predictable power delivery as needed, on a smoker you just get on the throttle and hammer over it. Your fork won't deflect if the front wheel is barely touching the ground. It's a really different style of riding on an mx based 2t. I like rocks, momentum is your friend. 

20200529_121106.jpg

Im running the 13. 

I love that shit.  With a good  tire Tubliss that looks like magic traction.  Wet with green algea/moss at lower elevations like in the east not as much!  I think the OP may be talking about long powerline hills with loose rocks of various sizes mixed with fixed bigger stuff. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GP said:

I love that shit.  With a good  tire Tubliss that looks like magic traction.  Wet with green algea/moss at lower elevations like in the east not as much!  I think the OP may be talking about long powerline hills with loose rocks of various sizes mixed with fixed bigger stuff. 

That’s exactly what I’m talking about, I’m open to riding tips and bike tips. I’m new to 2 strokes.  On the slower rocky stuff I’m comfortable and it’s good in the singletrack it’s the fast rough trails and powerlines I need work on. Before this I rode a old husky te 450, it was the king of the powerlines. The engine died though so I figured I’d give 2 strokes a chance.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, elrontx said:

I seen that one on Rocky Mountain it’s a 8.4 ounce. Will that make a difference?

Yes it does, it's noticeable, currently running it.  Most of the added weight is on the perimeter.  It's inertia is equivalent to something like 13 oz.

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

Yes it does, it's noticeable, currently running it.  Most of the added weight is on the perimeter.  It's inertia is equivalent to something like 13 oz.

Just ordered it and a tusk flywheel puller. If I don’t like it I’ll just go back to stock. 

All we ride on is rocks.

I put a GYTR flywheel on my 250X and like it.

In the Yammie 2 stroke section Klinger has jetting specs that worked out really well for me.

The bike pulls really well off the bottom now and isn't a spooger.

• Helpful 1

2 hours ago, beezer said:

All we ride on is rocks.

I put a GYTR flywheel on my 250X and like it.

In the Yammie 2 stroke section Klinger has jetting specs that worked out really well for me.

The bike pulls really well off the bottom now and isn't a spooger.

Your in NJ right? We probably ride similar terrain.

8 hours ago, elrontx said:

It’s got this tubles system in it, I’m going to go back to tubes, it seems like a headache

Yeah man, back in the day I saw the foam insert ad in Dirt Rider, bib moose? And I thought man ill tear those muthas up on one moto, I use double ply innertubes my self. But if it works for some folke, more power to em'. Me back in the day and 100 lbs lighter, LOL!

WIN_20190530_23_10_25_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, elrontx said:

Your in NJ right? We probably ride similar terrain.

NNJ.   Rocks and more rocks.

Your prolly from around Greenwood Lake?

I use Tubliss.  They can be a PITA to get sealed up but you get super traction and no pinch flats.

26 minutes ago, beezer said:

NNJ.   Rocks and more rocks.

Your prolly from around Greenwood Lake?

I use Tubliss.  They can be a PITA to get sealed up but you get super traction and no pinch flats.

I’m from Yonkers NY but I used to ride NNJ a lot. Never rode greenwood lake but I’ve ridden a lot at areas near there.I mostly ride upstate NY now at a spot that has similar terrain. Even though I’m from the city I’m kind of a local at some upstate spots.

Edited by elrontx

Almost bought a house there a few years back but it’s a long commute. I love the Hudson valley and the rural parts of NNJ

13 minutes ago, elrontx said:

Almost bought a house there a few years back but it’s a long commute. I love the Hudson valley and the rural parts of NNJ

Probably a smart move.

Greenwod Lake is pretty run down now.  Some lake front houses are boarded up.

13oz flywheel weight and retarded timing made a huge difference on my previous YZ250. Much more controllable linear power and the flywheel weight made a surprising difference for rear wheel tractability. Also ran it just a bit rich.