yophilly

08 Wr250r -- remove 'push' throttle cable??

I'm planning on replacing the throttle cable on my 2008 Wr250r. (it's a little stiff and way old; and I ride solo a lot). I'm considering leaving out the 'push' cable and just replacing the 'pull' cable. From what I know, it's a requirement on road legal bikes but doesn't really seem necessary in my eyes. What are your opinions? They're sold as a set, so I'm not being cheap (which I am) but just trying to simplify the bike....and maybe make the throttle pull a little easier. Thanks in advance, YO

I'm not familiar with the WR's but I have a 03 DRZ and a 05 CRF and IMO the throttles are super easy to open and work perfectly.

If it was me I would just replace both cables, make sure they are routed correctly and the throttle tube is clean/not damaged or binding.

Otherwise can you better describe why the throttle is not easy?

The throttle is not terrible on the WR but I broke my wrist as a kid and I'm developing tennis elbow as an adult; so I'm trying to make things as easy as possible. I heard the throttle tube from a 06-15 R6 streetbike has a quicker pull and is a direct fit. Can anyone chime in on this one? Is the motion-pro R6 tube the same as oem?

Theres throttletubes with bearings and such for a even smoother pull. I believe the G2 throttle tube has that as an option.
I've heard talk about the R6 tube, but for you, a shorter pull doent mean it takes less effort.

You can also try lubing the cables. I use something like this Motion Pro one and Maxima MPPL since I've found its not stick and works good but you get various options on lubing cables.

08-0182.jpg

I have not tried the G2's but something I might look into and if your not using full wrap guards as posted you can get aluminum throttle tubes with bearings and used on for quite awhile and liked it a lot but ended up putting on full wrap guards and had to cut the end off.

I just say this in this months Dirt Bike and has bearings on both ends and MIGHT be an option as well.

ZRT-Placeholder.jpg

https://www.zrthrottle.com/product/zero-resistance-throttle-006/

Good Luck