Headlight or no headlight?

I notice some enduro bikes have headlights and some don’t. I’m new to the sport and I’ll be mainly doing trails. Single track but also the rough stuff as I progress so I really want to get a solid enduro style bike vs an Mx. 

i notice some of the enduro bikes have lights and some don’t. What’s the main reason for this? Being a total noob id assume having a light would b good in case it’s dusk or dawn, and your out there real late coming back etc... but it seems like a lot of people don’t care about this? So does it matter? Sorry I fee stupid asking lol. 

Thanks for ur time! 

Some places, like here in Alberta, require them for a machine to be legal on public lands. They are definitely good to have if you ever get stuck out after dark as well. I am actually surprised at how well the light works on my Betas. 

• Like 2

I don't ride trails without a head light for reasons mentioned above: easier to be seen by the oncoming traffic that usually isn't paying attention.

Also, it is more fun to ride in the dark around some areas I frequent because by then all the UTV owners are standing by their campfires drinking instead of driving around while drinking.

Closed course race bikes, like the YZ250X, don't typically have a head light, because they're closed course race bikes. Not trails bikes, or enduro bikes. They're more of a XC sprint bike, hare scramble type thing.

Most Enduro bikes can be street registered, hence the headlight. Back in the day, before insurance ruined everything, full rego was mandatory to race most enduro's.

Some bikes will have a headlight, and not be able to be registered in your state, or country, but the same bike will be street legal in another state/country.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Helpful 2