JONATHAN Rice

YZ250X Low flash point oil

currently running lucus 2 stroke- flash point 182, as I do lots of woods riding, looking for an even lower flash point oil....possibly box store or auto parts store availability, looking for something I can get locally?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JONATHAN Rice said:

currently running lucus 2 stroke- flash point 182, as I do lots of woods riding, looking for an even lower flash point oil....possibly box store or auto parts store availability, looking for something I can get locally?

Not sure what you are talking about, but if you are refering to the premix oil, try Maxima 927, blendzall, Silkolene 2t, Yamalube, Honda lube, Bel ray, and others, all quality oils...

38 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Not sure what you are talking about, but if you are refering to the premix oil, try Maxima 927, blendzall, Silkolene 2t, Yamalube, Honda lube, Bel ray, and others, all quality oils...

Those are all on the 200+ on flash point.

I thinks he wants echo from Home Depot. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

47 minutes ago, JONATHAN Rice said:

1 hour ago, JONATHAN Rice said:

Do you have a spooge problem? Likely rich jetting. Perhaps there's winter settings in there now that need to be leaned out for summer?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Man, cheaping out on a expensive 2t dirt bike? Umm, not me. Save the echo for the Toro! 

A premix's flash point isn't indicative of it's quality,

and 'racing' type oils of no advantage whatsoever in most recreational or low rpm/low engine load situations. (trail riding and newbie MX riders)

Lucas and Amsoil Interceptor are popular choices for the OP's interest but in this case as shrubitup suggest,

any spooging/fouling issues are more likely jetting, fuel level or squish band related.

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong with seeking a lower flash point oil for woods riding.  Higher flash point oils do tend to be high spec racing oils designed for high-RPM riding, where the bike is being wrung out.  If you are in the woods, you wont often be ripping it on the pipe, there will be a lot of lugging.

Higher flash point oils tend to be more difficult to jet (or fussier) and therefore better results when ridden hard.  No matter how well you jet a bike you're going to get carbon build up more with an oil such as 927, H1R, Motul 800 than you are a lower flash point oil, they are designed for different usages.

A good, and not so-fussy with the jetting oil is Maxima Super M.  Its a synthetic blend (a true 50/50 not a 70/30) with ester formulation.  It will be good for on/off the pipe riding like in the woods.  Some other decent lower flashpoint oils are the Motorex crosspower, Castrol Power 1, Motul 710 and Yamalube 2r.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mlatour said:

A premix's flash point isn't indicative of it's quality,

and 'racing' type oils of no advantage whatsoever in most recreational or low rpm/low engine load situations. (trail riding and newbie MX riders)

Lucas and Amsoil Interceptor are popular choices for the OP's interest but in this case as shrubitup suggest,

any spooging/fouling issues are more likely jetting, fuel level or squish band related.

Then echo and toro it is! Outstanding write up! I'll stick with my tried and true Maxima 927, have'nt scorched a piston or cashed a cylinder yet. Now where is my Ratio-Rite...

9dd7d1ec53dd8444b0b6e0a3e4764afb.jpg

The Lucas High Performance Semi-Synthetic at 182 is probably the best quality oil you will find on the shelves at the local parts house. I have run it for several years in four different bikes with great results...all woods riding. Lucas has the Land and Sea Semi-Synthetic that has a 167 flash point that you may be able find or they can get if they carry Lucas products. 

https://lucasoil.com/pdf/TDS_Semi-Synthetic-Land_Sea.pdf

Edited by TN1975
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

Then echo and toro it is! Outstanding write up! I'll stick with my tried and true Maxima 927, have'nt scorched a piston or cashed a cylinder yet. Now where is my Ratio-Rite...

9dd7d1ec53dd8444b0b6e0a3e4764afb.jpg

I hear K-Mart is having a blue light special on Toro out door products, I think I will see what all the fuss is about...

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, M E T A L A C I D said:

I hear K-Mart is having a blue light special on Toro out door products, I think I will see what all the fuss is about...

I was looking for helpful info....not  bashing...keep that to yourself dude.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JONATHAN Rice said:

Bad idea to call that guy out!!!  Enjoy.. Let the bashing fully commence!!!!!  

Screenshot_20200630-085239.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, JONATHAN Rice said:

I run the same premix and get it from Amazon with Prime, by the gallon for about 30bucks. Great stuff, I use it for the same reason low flash for trail riding.

1 hour ago, JONATHAN Rice said:

12 hours ago, YZDOC said:

6 minutes ago, Gflo said:

Maybe this will help.

E574267C-4DE4-4AF2-931A-76A455597060.png

Did you get any?

Don't let your your low hanging fruit get pinched. 

Combustion chamber temps are far in excess of any oil's flash point if your engine is jetted properly and running clean.  Spooge is a matter of jetting if that's what your problem is.

I wouldn't deliberately run any oil with a specifically low flash point.  That would be a sacrifice in upper cylinder lubrication for no good reason.

• Like 1