Crf70 kickstart issue

Trying to fix my sons crf70. Took cover off.  Kick start will engage all the way down and will then spring back up.  However it then won’t engage again. I can manually twist the crank ( I think it’s the crank ) and then kick start will engage again for one full kick.  Then again it will not engage. I videoed the process but the video is too big to attach. I appreciate any thoughts people would have. I can also send the video if you send me an email or text.  Thanks

On 6/29/2020 at 9:16 PM, Mike Simon said:

Trying to fix my sons crf70. Took cover off.  Kick start will engage all the way down and will then spring back up.  However it then won’t engage again. I can manually twist the crank ( I think it’s the crank ) and then kick start will engage again for one full kick.  Then again it will not engage. I videoed the process but the video is too big to attach. I appreciate any thoughts people would have. I can also send the video if you send me an email or text.  Thanks

It could either be bad timing or worn kickstarter gear teeths or a broken bearing. If it sounds like its grinding/slipping Ive had that problem with pit bike before and in that case it was a broken kickstarter bearing. Can you post a video of how it sounds like 

18 hours ago, dirtbkr188 said:

There are no "kickstarter bearings" in a pit bike engine...

CRF70 kick starter diagram.png

I think it was the bearing on the gear which it was connected to cant remember that good since its been a while

20191011_181850.jpg