CR125R spark plug on my 07 cr125r

hi everybody. I just bought and 07 cr125 and it is running A1. Only problem i had with it is the fact that i keep burning spark plugs (i am on my third one and i bought the bike 2 weeks ago). I currently run a br9eg. I am mostly riding on the track, but i sometimes ride on enduro trails. What is the best spark plug i could buy in your opinion? thanks a lot.

That type of spark plug is fine,

the plug is no doubt getting fouled/shorting out while you are trail/off-roading due to lower combustion temps versus MX track riding.

Fine tuning the jetting for that usage (usually leaner pilot jet and needle settings)

and picking a well suited premix oil (not a 'racing' type oil) will likely fix that,

of course that's pending there are no mechanical issues with the engine (good compression, reeds, no air leaks etc etc.)

Edited by mlatour

14 minutes ago, mlatour said:

That type of spark plug is fine,

the plug is no doubt getting fouled/shorting out while you are trail/off-roading due to lower combustion temps versus MX track riding.

Fine tuning the jetting for that usage (usually leaner pilot jet and needle settings)

and picking a well suited premix oil (not a 'racing' type oil) will likely fix that,

of course that's pending there are no mechanical issues with the engine (good compression, reeds, no air leaks etc etc.)

Thanks a lot! I saw that i could change the spark plug to an iridium spark plug (ngk br9eIX) would that help me?

Yes a BR9EIX would help as the fine tip is more resistant to fouling if your jetting isn't spot on 

but isn't a definitive cure if the settings aren't in the ball park for your usage (off-roading)

We are also experiencing warmer weather than usual this summer:

higher ambient temps = less dense air = requires leaner jetting

Edited by mlatour

Keep in mind that the float height must be checked/adjusted before any attempts in fine-tuning the carb.

Taking into consideration the slower pace / inclines / off-cambers encountered while off-roading, it's common to set the float a tad lower than specs.

Edited by mlatour

8 hours ago, mlatour said:

Keep in mind that the float height must be checked/adjusted before any attempts in fine-tuning the carb.

Taking into consideration the slower pace / inclines / off-cambers encountered while off-roading, it's common to set the float a tad lower than specs.

Thanks a lot! You really helped me. Maybe you will see me this summer at SRA!

• Like 1

Yes I've been going a lot at SRA this season, either Mondays or Fridays, but never on weekends.

I'm on a YZ125, blue with yellow number plates.

Edited by mlatour

12 hours ago, mlatour said:

Yes I've been going a lot at SRA this season, either Mondays or Fridays, but never on weekends.

I'm on a YZ125, blue with yellow number plates.

Nice! And i will be on my cr125

997B0977-70F9-4249-ACAF-D478544D34C8.jpeg

• Like 1