Drz400s Better late than never to the DRZ400 WORLD ....

Hi all,

I wanted to post in 2020 as these bikes are still very popular from what I have seen....E and S and SM ....amazing ....👍

I have just picked up a 2015 DRZ400S in early 2020 as a winter bike to keep my lovely 99 plate VFR800FI clean and dry....timing not great as UK lockdown started ..no crystal ball ....😆😅BUT what a great little bike....really good fun.

Mine already had the rear suspension lowering kit which I need and I went for slightly lower profile tyres which also helps me touch the ground, so far so good and just checking through the bike especially as its 15 years old now....it has under 10,000 miles and is tidy, not perfect, generally in good shape.Forks also adjusted /pushed up a bit to match ...and keep it all level and balanced.

Issues you all know about ....YES it still had the original horrible trail wings on ....I went for Michelin Siracs as I am mostly road riding and muddy lanes, no intention for mega off-road ...they seem a good compromise and are nice and sticky and bike handles well, once you get used to the tall ride and extremely wide bars....my other bike is a VFR800 so quite different ....😜

Casing protectors bought and fitted, make sure you get good brand gunge if you use Amazon in Uk, I unfortunately bought Chinese S**t first time around and had do redo them,just make sure the brand has product info and safety info before you buy, a pain doing it twice.

My starter yellow button gave up,age I guess and fussy little copper spring inside, replaced with new switch housing.

It came with a trail tech thinggy which I have mounted on original speedo as it was stuck in kph and has reset button missing....I engineered a way to gut out old speedo and mount trail tech on it, it worked ...at least you get rpm and speed....

Mine has a Remus exhaust which I have not seen on any other bikes or images ?? Seems okay but had to buy a baffle ready for mot test.

Discovered the bulging rear brake reservoir issue today...seems to be near heat source from exhaust so I have ordered a replacement and fabricated and aluminium heat shield....hopefully that will sort it.

I think that’s all for now but how amazing how popular these bikes are and how much info there is out there....wee rascal bikes....I am 52 and it takes me back to 17 again ....supa....

Cheers....for now.

Ps I have a nice flip up Caberg for my sports bike but just had to get another lid to go with the DRZ ....would be rude not to ....😉

20200620_122910.jpg

20200619_162836.jpg

20200521_101903.jpg

20200630_162853.jpg

20200626_121731.jpg

20200627_142241.jpg

20200517_120956.jpg

956D185B-E253-4CCD-A89A-88782D73D12F.jpeg

10FA541C-1CB1-46E0-BECB-7F2EC7717833.jpeg

Edited by Stu68UK
  • Like 2

Hi & Welcome.

That's a clean looking DRZ and VFR you have there, the last of the gear driven cam VFR's...

My friend has the Vtec and it's a very nice bike to ride.

Where are you in the UK?

(I'm in Somerset).

Thanks for the welcome ..

My VFR is according to the MCN review the best of the VFR’s ...five out of five ...and I can tell you it’s the Dogs .... amazing V4 engine with bags of character...rides and runs like a new bike ....I think the vtec’s  are still gear driven cams ? (Mine is the VFR800FI 99 Model)

My DRZ is clean and good fun....I started riding with a mate back in 1984/1985 off-road on his Dads TS185 and TS250 and I think it stuck with me.....so after 20+ road bikes I have the DRZ ....a box that needed ticking.👍 needed to do it before I can’t do it .....😂

I am just outside Portsmouth .....we went to a holiday park near Burnham on Sea for a few days last year and did Weston and amazing Brean Down Fort...lovely area.

Stuart.

Nice DRZ and VFR!  I have an 02 DRZ400S which I’ve had since new and still love. I also still have my sweet old 4th Gen. ‘95 VFR750, which is also pristine with 139,000 miles.  Love that gear driven cam whine when you wick her up! 

Laura

46AAC1D5-2C5D-4538-BE19-407EC9826D41.jpeg

8204B1D0-400C-49DD-94EC-E9E65D035BC6.jpeg

• Like 1

So ... Lock downs in the USA have not effected riders in significant ways. 

In UK...they didn't allow you to go for a jaunt in the countryside or across town? 

No, not at first. It was essential travel only.

13th May were were allowed out to play in England but the devolved regions (Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) stayed in lockdown because their local leaders aren't as evolved. :D

The lowering link will allow the rear tire to mash into the rear fender during a big hit.  You would be better off with a lowered Seat Concepts seat, and it's more comfortable than OEM too.  We've had BYOB speakeasy's open up everywhere during lockdown.  From experience I would expect the UK to be the same.