Another dang klx300 strange sound thread with video

Ive got a 2001 klx300 bored out to 331. Ive had it for three years. Valve train sounds come and go but ive got a new sound im worried about. 

I think it may have been there since I’ve ive owned it, but some of my buddies have pointed it out. It may be getting worse? Idk, but i cant find any info on it online, and i dont really know how to explain the sound.

The transmission / gears are very loud on this bike. Under a load it gets louder and quieter, pulsating sound like the transmission is unbalanced or something. 

I’ve attached a sound clip of it (was actually trying to record another sound that ended up being the clutch lever vibrating, but you can hear the whiring/

Pulsating sound.)  this is just me driving around in town with my phone recording in my backpack

I’ve been ignoring it as my old man said he’s heard car engines do it to and having no problems. I’m assuming any dirtbike engine could develop this. Any idea what it could be? Should i worry?

thanks!!

I didn't hear anything terrible, dirt tires and chain drive can make a whirring sound at high speed especially on pavement where the sound bounces back up to you, try riding beside a concrete barrier and see if the sound can be better identified. Also put some good BelRay, Maxima, Motul oil in it and see if it changes after 50 miles or so. I don't think you have a huge issue, except at one point I did hear a yahoo in there. :ride:

The telling you heard at the end was when i found out The rattling sound was my clutch leaver. Before that I thought it might be something deeper in the engine.

I’ll have to make a more specific video to that sound. I’ll actually do that right now.

thanks for the listen. I didn’t think anyone would actually Listen to the whole thing lol

Ok here is a better video. Just 1 min this time. You can hear it well in the higher Sustained rpms. Like the home motor pulsates. It’s not raid road noise, i can still hear it when the back end is off the ground. 

Edited by Jmasta9