Getting this tomorrow!

Getting my first two smoker tomorrow and I wanted to share my excitement with the community! 2014 Gasgas 300 XC. The other pic is the gear I recently purchased minus the knee pads I didn’t have on hand at time of photo. 

still pretty new to dirt riding and I know I gotta be safe out there, but any tips for getting started or what to check etc on this used but new to me bike would be greatly appreciated! 

kind regards 

5B416521-54ED-4548-B0B0-EA7D416062AA.jpeg

8A1E5E99-7DF3-4C0C-B6B7-C20899A7CE85.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Helpful 2

You should ask the guys in the GasGas forum about future parts availability. I know they were recently purchased by KTM and I don't think they plan to produce parts for the previous gen bikes. Not sure but worth checking into.

• Like 2

Hey nice bike .... not sure where your at out here ... but if your close head up the Chilliwack River rd to the Tamihi bridge and cross it, then turn right and look for some parking or use the campsite ... small fee and your gear will be safe .... unlimited riding ... different levels of trails all over ... the river (Fraser) is too high to venture anyway around there at this moment .... the only tip I can offer is to learn how to ride that bike slow .... you’ll get faster with it in time .

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great bikes but as indy rider mentioned, if you are unfamiliar with the Gasgas brand and recent take over,

perhaps you should read up a bit more / ask questions on it's specific sub-forum and evaluate the risks of future parts availability.

As an example, soon after the brand got sold and it's future uncertain,

to my knowledge my local Gasgas dealer quit selling / supporting them and is now a BETA dealer.

Edited by mlatour
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)

Gas Gas Parts Guy and Halls Cycles will be able to help you out on parts .... and close by in Penticton BC there’s a shop that knows the Gassers .... I can still get parts from Jeff at Halls for my 10 yr old husky and in discussion with him it sounds like they have good stock on parts for the Gassers ..... plus from the Halls site you can download the parts manual .... I’ve done some homework the these bikes and soon hope to have one to ....   : )

Edited by Chisler

Posted (edited)

As long as the OP knows the particularities of that brand and is ok with that,

not as common as say a Honda or Yamaha with numerous dealerships and a national parts distribution center.

In recent years, even Yamaha of Canada has disappointed me in parts availability, I can't imagine owning a brand with even less resources.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 2

So y’all thing it’ll be super difficult to find parts for this bike? Are we talking a bit more of a struggle or literally impossible? I certainly hope not as I already put a deposit on it and have made arrangements to pick it up tomorrow Lol. 

1 hour ago, Quinn1337 said:

Getting my first two smoker tomorrow and I wanted to share my excitement with the community! 2014 Gasgas 300 XC. The other pic is the gear I recently purchased minus the knee pads I didn’t have on hand at time of photo. 

still pretty new to dirt riding and I know I gotta be safe out there, but any tips for getting started or what to check etc on this used but new to me bike would be greatly appreciated! 

kind regards 

5B416521-54ED-4548-B0B0-EA7D416062AA.jpeg

8A1E5E99-7DF3-4C0C-B6B7-C20899A7CE85.jpeg

Nice machine! I had a 2011 EC250E that I begrudgingly sold late last year. I still miss that thing. 

Parts will be available but may be a bit frustrating to source. Lang’s Off-Road in Ontario was a huge parts resource for me when the local dealers here in Southern Alberta folded. Hall’s Cycle in Chicago (I think) are also an awesome shop. They helped me source a part that I was trying to score for two years. 

Ride that Gasser and enjoy it. They are great bikes once sorted. I haven’t ridden near Chilliwack in a couple of years but I love Chipmunk, Vedder and Tamahi. 

• Like 3

So y’all thing it’ll be super difficult to find parts for this bike? Are we talking a bit more of a struggle or literally impossible? I certainly hope not as I already put a deposit on it and have made arrangements to pick it up tomorrow Lol. 

Resale will be bad unless rieju sales and reputation and parts distribution grows quickly. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’d get this printed off ...put it in a Binder ... get to know the guys over in the Gas Gas section ... Good Guys !!

D6370271-1995-44EB-8DCD-2C7EF5A7E475.png

34412C06-AA6D-4FE9-B73D-EB832A76BD92.png

Edited by Chisler
Wrong year in first pic
  • Like 1

I have a 2011 EC 300.That 2014 is a very good bike, you should get many years of use out of it. Rieju has bought all the tooling and will begin to build the 2018/2019 bikes probably next year. Motocrosscenter.com in Spain can probably get you anything that you need. If you do not see it on the site,give them a call or send them an email,they speak English.To offset shipping costs, just buy the parts you think you will need for the next 6 months and order them together. www.Motocrosscenter.com. Wossner makes a piston kit for it. Those motors are overbuilt and very rugged so they will last a long time. Just put an hour meter on it keep up with the Engine oil changes.Go to gasgasriders.com for a ton of information.

Good luck, you will love that bike,nothing turns like a gasser!

• Like 2

Now stop pissing in the OP's wheaties fellas! He is excited about his new ride, be happy for him. Let him worry or not about his parts. How can my kid beat the leavin shit out his 96' Honda XR100R and still can find 95% of the parts no problem? All good brother, have fun, congrats! Sweet gear as well.

Looks like it used to have handguards, source another set before you ride. They help when you drop the bike too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hondaxr650rrrr said:

Looks like it used to have handguards, source another set before you ride. They help when you drop the bike too.

Plus 1 on the handguards!

Long time gasser  former owner , most expendable and wear parts are serviced by aftermarket . Lots of other hard parts are still in stock at many dealers . Great technical trail bikes , that are generally more durable than KTM and others as the castings are more robust , but that’s also why they are a little heavier . 

• Like 1

Congratulations,

I wish you many safe and trouble free miles . Enjoy . 

29 minutes ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

How many hours on it

• Like 1