anyone tried sherpaX dualsport motorcycle trailer?

seriously considering one since I feel there is no better way to camp other than tent camping since you literally can just pick any spot of a trail and dont have to worry about anything being full and not be tied down to a spot. issue is, alllll the gear I have to constantly strap on and take off. esp water bottles for showers. yes that is what I have been using.

with this, seems I can just load all my camping gear on this...and gas! anyhow, anyone on this forum owns one? hopefully someone has some feedback...more interested on how it does on the harsher stuff. 
image.png.41478de7251f87cef3ed834cab9d4cce.png
https://kipmoto.com/collections/trailers/products/sherpax-lightweight-dual-sport-trailer

Edited by RWW enduro

On fire roads? Sure. Off road? Nope. That is a lot of mass and length to add on. At least strapped to the bike, you are not also dealing with the weight of the trailer.

• Helpful 1

I could see something like that on the Al-Can highway, or the Dalton. 

Gotta wonder if the State of Calif would require a plate on that. And insurance...

• Haha 1

I saw one going down the highway here a couple of days ago behind an Enduro. Looked good.

Video sure looks like it works well, I imagine there will be a learning curve.

Based on that video it looks like it does well.  I like your chances.  

we do an annual off road tour in UP of Mi with varied combos of backpacks, racks, saddlebags.  That looks like it could be an option.  We try to be minimalists, most of us.  And water isnt an issue.  I do a backpack with tent and sleeping bag strapped on a rear rack.  No saddlebags for me.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, B Squared said:

seems pretty dang rugged, though probably wont jump it lol. great vid. i emailed the guy and ill see if he will get back to me since they are sold out. went out to camp and just couldnt find a spot anywhere. this is where I wished I had something like this so I can take it either out on 50in trails or even some mild single track and set up there for 2 or 3 nights

switchbacks are going to be a bitch

I can only imagine how that behaves with a bunch of weight

Edited by Slackkinhard

7 hours ago, RWW enduro said:

seriously considering one since I feel there is no better way to camp other than tent camping since you literally can just pick any spot of a trail and dont have to worry about anything being full and not be tied down to a spot. issue is, alllll the gear I have to constantly strap on and take off. esp water bottles for showers. yes that is what I have been using.

with this, seems I can just load all my camping gear on this...and gas! anyhow, anyone on this forum owns one? hopefully someone has some feedback...more interested on how it does on the harsher stuff. 
image.png.41478de7251f87cef3ed834cab9d4cce.png
https://kipmoto.com/collections/trailers/products/sherpax-lightweight-dual-sport-trailer

Never mind the trailer dealeo.......we want to know more about the cool Chev van :D

Joe

• Like 3

I have a single wheel trailer for my bicycle. It's almost unnoticeable on the move. Very awkward when stopped.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Slackkinhard said:

switchbacks are going to be a bitch

I can only imagine how that behaves with a bunch of weight

i thought about that too lol. Im pretty "ok" on switchbacks now so i think ill be ok with. the downhill right turn switchbacks im usually awful at and need to back it up. think I might use this trailer though for camping spots off 50in trails or single tracks I know i know ill do ok in. so far no reply from this guy. hoping to get an email soon. would love to place an order asap on it

• Like 1

by the way the trailer moved/bounced in that kip moto video, i'm guessing the trailer was either empty or very light.

• Helpful 1

funny story, as a kid I lived in rural Oregon and they were building this new subdivision of houses....they had an 'open house' for the model homes and they flew a giant balloon high in the air to advertise. My buddy and I figured we were going to steal that balloon and go tie it off on the bumper of a friends house...so we rode my sisters banana seat bike down there and tied the end of the rope to the sissy bar and I hopped on with the idea I was going to ride away when gavin released it.......well, I pedaled but it pulled the ass end up and I'd lose traction. I was almost heavy enough to keep it down, but it was almost neutral. If I hit a bump the backend would lift up and I'd get all squirrely til I leaned back more. It was scary as hell...thought I was really going to bite it a few times. Finally couldn't do it any further. Stopped and tied it off to a mailbox cluster. It was still there the next morning. I've always wondered what those folks thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Slackkinhard said:

funny story, as a kid I lived in rural Oregon and they were building this new subdivision of houses....they had an 'open house' for the model homes and they flew a giant balloon high in the air to advertise. My buddy and I figured we were going to steal that balloon and go tie it off on the bumper of a friends house...so we rode my sisters banana seat bike down there and tied the end of the rope to the sissy bar and I hopped on with the idea I was going to ride away when gavin released it.......well, I pedaled but it pulled the ass end up and I'd lose traction. I was almost heavy enough to keep it down, but it was almost neutral. If I hit a bump the backend would lift up and I'd get all squirrely til I leaned back more. It was scary as hell...thought I was really going to bite it a few times. Finally couldn't do it any further. Stopped and tied it off to a mailbox cluster. It was still there the next morning. I've always wondered what those folks thought.

Nice. We had some developers build a spec house on the property adjacent to ours, I'd ride my dirtbike around the site cause they had loose dirt pushed up and i made a couple jumps. Right as they finished building it, it caught fire one night and burned to the ground because we were so rural. The developers and the cops were convinced I burned it, but I protested my innocence and nothing was ever proved. They had left a pile of stain rags on the front porch facing the south and spontaneous combustion was what the final determination was. 

Edited by Doctor Impostor
  • Like 3

I'm guessing the idea is to haul your stuff to a base camp and then unload and remove it. Think it could work well for that, but wouldn't want to do most of my riding with that thing hanging off the back. 

1 hour ago, Dirtstache 556 said:

I'm guessing the idea is to haul your stuff to a base camp and then unload and remove it. Think it could work well for that, but wouldn't want to do most of my riding with that thing hanging off the back. 

100% thing weighs 30lbs so i can just load it on the truck if i go far. Prob be much quicker to set up the trailer vs adding all my camp gear on the 701. 

Actually planning another trip in CO where i wish i had this trailer so i can set it off on some 50in trail away from the crowd. Emailed him bit no response. 

Anyone knows any other brand?