Xr400 Tour of Idaho

T minus 1 month till the tour of Idaho. Tractionator desert HTs are ordered up. Bike is close. Trying to decide on gearing. 

IMG_20200705_153008.jpg

IMG_20200625_130737.jpg

IMG_20200625_130813.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, vulcanduro said:

Are you taking the Back Country Discovery route?

No. T1 of the tour of Idaho. 

14/47 I have for off-road starts screaming at around 45-50mph. My 16/42 can cruise 60 comfortably. I’d probably stick with 15/45(stock) for a happy medium or carry a countersprocket to change for the days ride. 10 min or less job

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dlock5 said:

R u riding by yourself or with buddies?

I'm riding with 4 other guys

4 minutes ago, dlock5 said:

Mostly dirt i take it? Sounds badass.

As much dirt as possible very little pavement. Really just to break off and get gas. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 702inda509 said:

14/47 I have for off-road starts screaming at around 45-50mph. My 16/42 can cruise 60 comfortably. I’d probably stick with 15/45(stock) for a happy medium or carry a countersprocket to change for the days ride. 10 min or less job

👍👍

23 hours ago, mkn said:

No. T1 of the tour of Idaho. 

Would that be Jarbridge Nev. to Pine Id.? I'd love to do the whole the Tour.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Trailryder42

3 hours ago, Trailryder42 said:

Would that be Jarbridge Nev. to Pine Id.? I'd love to do the whole the Tour.

Capture.JPG

Woodruff Idaho is were we pick up the trail and ride through Pocatello then Challis salmon up to the Canadian boarder. It's going to be a little over 1500 miles. The T1 is for dirt bikes is how I understand it. 

Edited by mkn

6 hours ago, dlock5 said:

Ride report after?

Definitely. Hopefully my bike holds together. Everyone else will be on 15,000 dollar KTMs and Huskys. I'm going to be the red neck of the bunch haha. 

• Like 4

My good buddy rides the living crap out of his XR400 but never got it plated/street legal and I've been mugging him about that.

20170819_130639.jpg.1c13ede72bb76653e6b611acf40af369.jpg

He likes it and I'm not telling him any differently cus he can kick my ass 🙂

That's a lot of zigging and zagging.  From Woodruff

1 hour ago, mkn said:

Woodruff Idaho is were we pick up the trail and ride through Pocatello then Challis salmon up to the Canadian boarder. It's going to be a little over 1500 miles. The T1 is for dirt bikes is how I understand it. 

That's a lot of zigging and zagging.  From Woodruff to the Canadian border is only 650 miles by highway.  Can you post a route?  I'm headed to Idaho on July 17th for a solo ride on my DRZ.

Damn Mkn, I'm jealous.

Lemme know if you wanna come up and get some "Practice". Tons of great trails in my area.

Make sure you bring a rope in case one of those fancy bikes bites the dust.😂 Don't worry about your XR. It'll probably outlive many brand new bikes!!

Seriously though, send me a PM if you can make it up here before you go..

Jealous.

9 minutes ago, humanrace911 said:

That's a lot of zigging and zagging.  From Woodruff

That's a lot of zigging and zagging.  From Woodruff to the Canadian border is only 650 miles by highway.  Can you post a route?  I'm headed to Idaho on July 17th for a solo ride on my DRZ.

Yes there is a lot of side to side. If you pm me your email I can send you the tracks we are going to take or some other options if you like. The tracks we are taking there is a shit ton of way points but more of a single route. 

17 minutes ago, Jack the Dogg said:

Damn Mkn, I'm jealous.

Lemme know if you wanna come up and get some "Practice". Tons of great trails in my area.

Make sure you bring a rope in case one of those fancy bikes bites the dust.😂 Don't worry about your XR. It'll probably outlive many brand new bikes!!

Seriously though, send me a PM if you can make it up here before you go..

Jealous.

Yeah for sure unfortunately time is moving so fast. Right after the tour me and my buddy are going to hit the Black Hills on the big bikes. Just too much to do and too little time. Also in the process of teaching my boy how to ride. Leaving for a family vacation this week. Tour of Idaho is slated for 10 days.