Steg Pegz on 2020 250FX

Has anyone down this? I read about these and wanted to give them a try. I got the SP65 kit from RMATV.  When trying to install fitment seems really bad. Spacers seem wrong thickness and even has some bolts that are the wrong size.  I double checked on the Steg Pegz site and they list the same kit number - although the bike in the pic is a YZ450.

Just trying to see if I am just out to lunch and need to try again, or maybe I got the wrong kit in the bag or... 

If anyone has them installed can you please post a pic? 

20200705_185816.jpg

20200705_185806.jpg

Edited by tacotory

Update for anyone that is interested... 

After getting pics from Steg, I have them mounted. 

The instructions only apply to one side.  The other side uses different mounting locations than are listed. 

Pics attached to hopefully save some frustration for someone. 

20200709_211754.jpg

20200709_211810.jpg

• Helpful 3

Iove mine on my '15

I had to add spacers to bring the pucks out a bit more which puts them in a more effective position.  

20200709_220910.thumb.jpg.6ab98368e213c525d1cf6c8dbb6bc72e.jpg

On 7/9/2020 at 10:12 PM, firffighter said:

Iove mine on my '15

I had to add spacers to bring the pucks out a bit more which puts them in a more effective position.  

20200709_220910.thumb.jpg.6ab98368e213c525d1cf6c8dbb6bc72e.jpg

They have a kit now called Desert something where the rubber knobs stick out further, effectively doing what you created. 

1 hour ago, Dr.X said:

I know this is an old post, but how do you like them? They worth it?

The rides I have been doing lately they don't really come into play. I'm going to the desert in about a month and that will be the real test for me. That is when I notice most where they feel like they would be a benefit

1 minute ago, tacotory said:

The rides I have been doing lately they don't really come into play. I'm going to the desert in about a month and that will be the real test for me. That is when I notice most where they feel like they would be a benefit

So have the recent been mostly flat and sitting down?

4 minutes ago, Dr.X said:

So have the recent been mostly flat and sitting down?

I almost always stand when riding, but where I find that the steg pegs will be the most benefit for me is long extended high speed periods where I am standing.  Fast enough where the wind against you is pushing you back but you need to be standing for balance and Agility. I usually only feel this sensation when I'm in the desert at higher speeds than the trails around home allow for. 

After my last ride I was wondering about the the pegs and had made a note that I was going to pay more attention to them on the next ride and maybe adjust them forward for the stuff around here. We have been having unseasonably warm weather lately and the dirt biking has been incredible but of course it snowed 6 in today so might be a while before I get to ride again

13 hours ago, tacotory said:

I almost always stand when riding, but where I find that the steg pegs will be the most benefit for me is long extended high speed periods where I am standing.  Fast enough where the wind against you is pushing you back but you need to be standing for balance and Agility. I usually only feel this sensation when I'm in the desert at higher speeds than the trails around home allow for. 

After my last ride I was wondering about the the pegs and had made a note that I was going to pay more attention to them on the next ride and maybe adjust them forward for the stuff around here. We have been having unseasonably warm weather lately and the dirt biking has been incredible but of course it snowed 6 in today so might be a while before I get to ride again

Ah gotcha. I’m assuming you don’t do much mountainous/hilly riding? Reason I say is because All my riding is mountainous going up and down hills/mountains for the entire ride. The arm pump gets brutal at some points from hanging on to the bars going uphill. 

On 1/23/2021 at 11:09 AM, Dr.X said:

Ah gotcha. I’m assuming you don’t do much mountainous/hilly riding? Reason I say is because All my riding is mountainous going up and down hills/mountains for the entire ride. The arm pump gets brutal at some points from hanging on to the bars going uphill. 

The Steg Pegz really take a lot of pressure off your upper body for the type of riding you describe.  

They really assist in keeping your legs locked into the standing attack position. 

Normal rides for us are 4hrs + in Oregon woods with a lot of rock gardens and up and down terrain. The Steg Pegz are invaluable here. 

I also really like them for the constant slicing and dicing through the trees and keeping in the proper attack position.  

I find them great for this type of terrain: 

20201005_182700.thumb.jpg.9474da8f893e20e86bc3bc02dd17c99e.jpg20200610_152956.thumb.jpg.f4fc2100fb91a9f876a936a40f8329ac.jpg20201005_183148.thumb.jpg.0196c9b89b53ad228d3dac85b9896aeb.jpg

20200610_151640.jpg

As well as faster terrain when doing lots of cornering 

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 1