How to tighten chain on specific bike?

Hi guys. This isn’t  a huge question and I don’t need a huge response... if you can see on the picture, there are 2 locknuts instead of one. Is this different than the axle block that comes on the bigger bikes? Otherwise can I know the steps to tighten this specific chain? -also, the owners manual tells me how to tighten the chain on a completely different setup-

521C94EC-E97C-457A-9C83-F78CEC26F6E7.png

Just now, Penncraft 70 said:

Hi guys. This isn’t  a huge question and I don’t need a huge response... if you can see on the picture, there are 2 locknuts instead of one. Is this different than the axle block that comes on the bigger bikes? Otherwise can I know the steps to tighten this specific chain? -also, the owners manual tells me how to tighten the chain on a completely different setup-

521C94EC-E97C-457A-9C83-F78CEC26F6E7.png

Im not familar with the bike, but it could be after market. Usually after market stuff is machined from billet stock. Usually..

Just now, M E T A L A C I D said:

Im not familar with the bike, but it could be after market. Usually after market stuff is machined from billet stock. Usually..

I meant in the picture, you can see the chain adjuster... how do I adjust it with that adjuster?

-also the bike is a ssr 140tr 

It looks like the swingarm on this bike may not be threaded to allow adjustment with the main bolt, probably to save a couple $. If so, loosen the jam nut that's second from the left in the pic and back it away. Hold the head of the bolt with a wrench (the one against the red block) and make your adjustments by loosening or tightening the nut that's up against the black swingarm. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Hold on just found the updated manual. But it’s still opposite

710E5E7E-1AB5-4E31-885A-0037BDCCB25A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, 76xtdrvr said:

It looks like the swingarm on this bike may not be threaded to allow adjustment with the main bolt, probably to save a couple $. If so, loosen the jam nut that's second from the left in the pic and back it away. Hold the head of the bolt with a wrench (the one against the red block) and make your adjustments by loosening or tightening the nut that's up against the black swingarm. 

It says that the 2 nuts are “locknuts” and the other nut is the adjusting nut!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Penncraft 70 said:

It says that the 2 nuts are “locknuts” and the other nut is the adjusting nut!

Well, there's only one way to find out for sure. Grab one and turn it.

tools-1551451_960_720.jpg.c0c27e4dfb3f6827a760873bb7827878.jpg

8 minutes ago, 76xtdrvr said:

Well, there's only one way to find out for sure. Grab one and turn it.

tools-1551451_960_720.jpg.c0c27e4dfb3f6827a760873bb7827878.jpg

Thanks! I’m getting the bike tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Penncraft 70 said:

Thanks! I’m getting the bike tomorrow.

I use the three fingers stacked off the chain block method for my cr. The gold block should have a notch or mark, that you match  it up with both sides of the swing arm, Loosen up the axel, put her up on a stand, and i think its a 10mm and 12 mm open end wrench that will do the trick. what you want to do is, adjust to push the wheel back wards, and both notches should be even with the gold block notch, set three fingers at the front of the swing arm under da chain and slowly turn the adjusters so the chain is a little tight on your third stacked finger, That is the chain slack. Now all notches are lined up, take a wrench and set it on top o da sprocket and roll the wheel back until the sprocket stops the movement and locks the adjusters. make sure the notches on da blocks line up equally on both sides of da swingarm. tighten up the axel nut to torque specs., then snug up the adjusters and lock bolt. pull the wrench outta da rear sprox, and you shoud be good to go. Take your 3 fingers at the front of the swingarm, put them under the chain, and if it lifts up, you are in fat city airazona...