Brand new 390RR with Engine Mgt Light Illuminated?

Gent's,

Just picked up a new 390RR and after getting home and unloading it, I started the bike and the Engine Management Sys Fault Light is illuminated along with a CHECK msg. See pic below. Looked it up in the owner's manual and it says there's a malfunction in the Engine Mgt System and to contact your dealer asap. I know nothing about Beta's. Is this simply an anomaly or known nuisance msg, or could this be a real problem? 

Thanks all!

IMG_9184.jpg

My guess is a loose throttle positioning sensor. Hopefully your dealer isn't far. Take it back. 

• Like 1

Just now, BD100 said:

Ughh!! Dealer is 6 hours away. 

You can check to see that your TPS is secured approximately. Also check your injector to make sure it isn't loose 

TURN OFF YOUR HIGH BEAM. IT WILL TURN OFF. My 2020 390RE does this too when High beam is on.  Your high beam light is shown on over on the left. 

No Idea why it does this but haven't seen enough posts from other 2020 4t RE owners to see if this is normal yet. 

2020 4T RE guys please chime in to see if this is a thing!

Edited by rharr
  • Like 1

rharr!! You’re the man!! That’s exactly what it was! Problem fixed. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, BD100 said:

rharr!! You’re the man!! That’s exactly what it was! Problem fixed. Thank you!

You will love the bike BTW, 

• Like 1

If you are in neutral and rolling and hit the e button that set off the check engine light on my 2020 350 rrs. Just letting  every one know.

Glad to see the "check" message problem solved but I am disappointed to read when you start a brand new 2020 Beta with the high beam on or e-start your bike while rolling triggers a "check" error message.  

21 minutes ago, Josh Rowe said:

pull the code off the computer next time that check light comes on, lets see what the code is.

I'll bet it's "voltage out of range- low"

What program are you using to connect? I tried Torque for android but couldn't get it to connect, I have all the cables and blue to ODBII to talk to the ECU just can't find a android app that has been able to connect.

Edited by rharr

7 minutes ago, rharr said:

What program are you using to connect? I tried Torque for android but couldn't get it to connect, I have all the cables and blue to ODBII to talk to the ECU just can't find a android app that has been able to connect.

https://www.amazon.com/Lector-código-PocketScan-CP9125C-automóviles/dp/B0007LEG2K/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=obd+ii+pocket+scan&qid=1594225159&sr=8-7

Edited by Josh Rowe

since I don't want to buy another device I guess I will keep trying apps, thanks for the tip though.

1 hour ago, rharr said:

since I don't want to buy another device I guess I will keep trying apps, thanks for the tip though.

If the device does not cause the display and headlamp to come on then its the plug in device's fault.

When plugged in the computer needs to turn on without the bike running.

The OBD 2 device must force the computer to turn on!

the device does turn everything on including ECU, it just can't communicate, so that tells me the app doesn't have the right protocols