N.Cal Middlecreek is open

Good news, can't wait to visit this fall!

Trails open too? We rode through there 6/25, campgrounds at MC and Penny were open, yet trails were closed.

• Like 1

That’s good news. I’m planning on checking it out in the next few weeks.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:56 AM, brennan300 said:

That’s good news. I’m planning on checking it out in the next few weeks.

Let's open up the xmas tree trail that connects it with Stoney. I've already cut a lot of the trail leading from Stoney down.,

• Like 2

Has that "No Trespassing" private property issue on trail 6 ever been resolved ?

Rode on Saturday, it was warm but the trails were nice. Pretty much clear we only had about 4 trees to clear in the 40mi we rode.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 8:15 AM, Chas_M said:

Has that "No Trespassing" private property issue on trail 6 ever been resolved ?

I'm guessing that the fire resolved it for us? Would like to check as I've wondered if the dwelling is still there. If not problem solved..

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 8:15 AM, Chas_M said:

Are you thinking of Crabtree Hot springs?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babyarmholdingapple said:

1287559624_ScreenShot2020-07-14at23_23_25.png.6505590ebdf9e0280b62d5307bb3c244.png

17n04/ Twin Valley rd? A couple of weekends ago we couldn’t get through coming from the north towards Bartlett springs. There was a ton of downed trees blocking the road starting just above that “private property “/ jackassery/ Crabasserry. We backtracked a bit to a route on the west side of Goat Mtn that dropped us back down to 17n04/ Twin Valley, which got us around that property. It was odd, because it was the only road we encountered that was blocked by downfall like that. I suspect the property owner fell those trees on purpose...they’ve done that in the past prior to the fire in an attempt to block  people from passing through. 🙄

24 minutes ago, bajabinder said:

17n04/ Twin Valley rd? A couple of weekends ago we couldn’t get through coming from the north towards Bartlett springs. There was a ton of downed trees blocking the road starting just above that “private property “/ jackassery/ Crabasserry. We backtracked a bit to a route on the west side of Goat Mtn that dropped us back down to 17n04/ Twin Valley, which got us around that property. It was odd, because it was the only road we encountered that was blocked by downfall like that. I suspect the property owner fell those trees on purpose...they’ve done that in the past prior to the fire in an attempt to block  people from passing through. 🙄

I suspect Forest Service  did not clear it but you looked and I'm in a chair so you are far more reliable then I 

13 hours ago, cobra46 said:

Are you thinking of Crabtree Hot springs?

I believe so.

As much of a dick as I sound like, I wasn't too sad when I watched the heat maps of the fire burn through that area.  It's BS they never allow people through on that road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cobra46 said:

As much of a dick as I sound like, I wasn't too sad when I watched the heat maps of the fire burn through that area.  It's BS they never allow people through on that road.

How come no Autozone or CVS got burned in that fire ?

Cause there wasn't enough parking for the BLM's fake protester buses in the forest. 

1640793250_blackguyslaughing.jpg.6ee883b7e02e2e624158308f8a83b06d.jpg

On 7/14/2020 at 11:27 AM, dyrtmon said:

I'm guessing that the fire resolved it for us? Would like to check as I've wondered if the dwelling is still there. If not problem solved..

i talked to them a few weeks ago, they were asking what it would cost to get equipment up there to clean up there property, they might be getting a grant to clean it up so they can rebuild, good luck on getting any track equipment in there the roads are &%$#@!ed for lowbeding, probably have to come in from the stony ford side on M10 or into Bear creek,... and dont call me my hauling heavy equipment days are over

• Like 1

14 hours ago, squid reuel said:

i talked to them a few weeks ago, they were asking what it would cost to get equipment up there to clean up there property, they might be getting a grant to clean it up so they can rebuild, good luck on getting any track equipment in there the roads are &%$#@!ed for lowbeding, probably have to come in from the stony ford side on M10 or into Bear creek,... and dont call me my hauling heavy equipment days are over

I hope everyone tells them to go f**k themselves or charges them huge for any work they need.