Beta2Stroke 2018 300RR Emissions & Safety Label Locations??

Just picked up a 2018 300RR & good 'ol California DMV is refusing to register the bike or transfer the title into my name, due to seemingly having no emissions & federal safety labels on the bike.

I got this out of Washington & thinking the previous owner likely power washed them off the frame, as he had done with all the graphics...

Does anyone know the exact location of the labels from the factory? My 520RS had the emissions label right on the frame, just below the steering head.

DMV is saying I'll have to get some from the manufacturer if they aren't on the bike somewhere. But having gone through this crap before with DMV, I know that pretty much NO manufacturer will offer those stickers for sale.

What a bunch of frustrating crap!

I'm not aware of any emissions related info stickers on the 2 strokes. You're going to get a red sticker no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

I'm not aware of any emissions related info stickers on the 2 strokes. You're going to get a red sticker no doubt. 

That's exactly what I told the guy at DMV.. I own 15 bikes & have had dozens of others.. He insisted that isn't the case & it MUST have the labels to get registered even for OHV use. 

I've had to have the highway patrol do a VIN verification before a few times, & specifically remember there being a box on the form they fill out that says "no emissions label present" or something to that effect. But DMV basically told me to get lost & go contact the manufacturer (which is ridiculous).

Sticker on steering head tube. Competition model only. 

20200706_105332.thumb.jpg.57443ce5566d5e16e3c06c6a6d534b45.jpg

Not to rub it in, but this is a large reason I left for greener pastures. 

20200706_105210.jpg.b4016b61859b01643d737f039b0eeb6b.jpg

1 minute ago, SCORPiON5150 said:

That's exactly what I told the guy at DMV.. I own 15 bikes & have had dozens of others.. He insisted that isn't the case & it MUST have the labels to get registered even for OHV use. 

I've had to have the highway patrol do a VIN verification before a few times, & specifically remember there being a box on the form they fill out that says "no emissions label present" or something to that effect. But DMV basically told me to get lost & go contact the manufacturer (which is ridiculous).

One of the many reasons I left that state years ago. the DMV has their heads up their *****

Edited by redhurricane

1 minute ago, redhurricane said:

20200706_105332.thumb.jpg.57443ce5566d5e16e3c06c6a6d534b45.jpg20200706_105210.jpg.b4016b61859b01643d737f039b0eeb6b.jpg

Crap.. I don't have one there so guess I might be screwed. California DMV is the worst, I swear. Refusing to title or register a bike over a damn sticker is just ridiculous!

Looking at three Beta 300s right now ranging from 2015 - 2018. None of them have any emissions stickers or "safety labels" (not even sure what you mean by that) of any kind that we can locate.

9 minutes ago, gullywasher said:

Looking at three Beta 300s right now ranging from 2015 - 2018. None of them have any emissions stickers or "safety labels" (not even sure what you mean by that) of any kind that we can locate.

Thank you! Hopefully this guy is just clueless as to how the off road bikes are handled... That said though, has been there at DMV many years, so it's difficult to think he could be that clueless :(

9 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

Go to a different DMV. Dude doesn’t know what he is talking about. 

I sure hope that turns out to be the case. The nearest other DMVs that are open are 140-150 miles away unfortunately. I have a AAA membership & they handle DMV matters, so maybe I can try them.. Or the highway patrol, since the stickers are just part of the VIN verification process.

A lady who worked in our texas DMV for forever tried to explain to me that my XR400 couldn’t be converted to street legal because me doing what was necessary to make it legal constituted as building the bike myself.....

I just asked them to bring out the site manager and show me where in the laws this was true. 

5 minutes ago, Matthew Larson said:

A lady who worked in our texas DMV for forever tried to explain to me that my XR400 couldn’t be converted to street legal because me doing what was necessary to make it legal constituted as building the bike myself.....

I just asked them to bring out the site manager and show me where in the laws this was true. 

If push comes to shove, I guess I can bust out Photoshop & print out some stickers... I'll be trying to make it street legal though if I'm forced to do that! But I know they automatically flag bikes here by VIN # if the 8th digit is a 3 or C, so they'd probably be all confused if I try that. Need them to just take my money & give me a red sticker like they should!

Edited by SCORPiON5150

Just now, SCORPiON5150 said:

If push comes to shove, I guess I can bust out Photoshop & print out some stickers... I'll be trying to make it street legal though if I'm forced to do that! But I know they automatically flag bikes here by VIN # if the 8th digit is a 3 or C, so they'd probably be all confused if I try that...

Let me know if you run across a DMV employee that can count higher than 4 using their own fingers without getting confused. 

11 minutes ago, ADVLite said:

Just plate it in AZ and be done with it. CA sucks!

I wanted to move there a couple years ago.. Now I'm kicking myself all the time for purchasing a home in California :(

Just now, SCORPiON5150 said:

I wanted to move there a couple years ago.. Now I'm kicking myself all the time for purchasing a home in California :(

I live in CA and plated my 300RR in AZ. Super easy process 

Just now, ADVLite said:

I live in CA and plated my 300RR in AZ. Super easy process 

Really? No need for AZ residency or anything?

The person at the DMV is correct. Even a closed course competition bike getting a red sticker will have an emission sticker.  All Beta’s come with one. 

Contact Beta USA and give them your vin.  Good chance they’ll get you one.

22 minutes ago, Cullins said:

The person at the DMV is correct. Even a closed course competition bike getting a red sticker will have an emission sticker.  All Beta’s come with one. 

Contact Beta USA and give them your vin.  Good chance they’ll get you one.

Where is the sticker located on the bike? 

1 minute ago, redhurricane said:

Where is the sticker located on the bike? 

1 hour ago, redhurricane said:

20200706_105332.thumb.jpg.57443ce5566d5e16e3c06c6a6d534b45.jpg

Not to rub it in, but this is a large reason I left for greener pastures. 

20200706_105210.jpg.b4016b61859b01643d737f039b0eeb6b.jpg

One of the many reasons I left that state years ago. the DMV has their heads up their *****

You already answered that 

6 minutes ago, Cullins said:

You already answered that 

that's the best picture representation that I have, rest of the bikes the wiring has rubbed the sticker enough you cannot read anything on it and I can't see anything with the word emissions in it so wondered if there was another place you knew of. Beta really needs to move that sticker elsewhere if its needed for registration purposes in the "difficult states". As far as I am aware, emissions stickers are typically on the muffler. I'd have to go out and look at our take off stockers to see if there is something stamped there.