Any interest in a fan override switch?

Is there any interest in a fan override switch?

I know "he who shall not be named" used to make one. I had it installed on my old DRZ and liked it. Is there still interest for these in the community?

For those who are not familiar, it is a standalone switch that when in the "ON" position will turn on the fan, and when in the "OFF" position the fan will work like normal (i.e. turns on when the coolant gets hot, and turns off when the coolant gets cold). I understand the switch isn't really a requirement as the cooling system on the DRZ is pretty decent, but some people (including myself) enjoy the "peace of mind" of having an override and being able to turn it on when doing slow speed trails or while stuck in traffic etc.

If there are enough people interested in it I'll look into offering them.

Eddie still makes them, and so does GRVinyl.com.  Are yours going to be different, better, cheaper?  Just curious.  

9 minutes ago, ctrials said:

Eddie still makes them, and so does GRVinyl.com.  Are yours going to be different, better, cheaper?  Just curious.  

Does he? It shows up on his website but no way to buy, unless you have to email him.

Mine wouldn't be any different, could possibly do it cheaper. I'm targeting $20.

I bought one 18 months ago from him.   Yup, had to email him about it.  My question wasn't a knock on you or the produce, it was an honest question.  TBH I'd rather have a different switch.

6 minutes ago, ctrials said:

I bought one 18 months ago from him.   Yup, had to email him about it.  My question wasn't a knock on you or the produce, it was an honest question.  TBH I'd rather have a different switch.

Gotcha.

No worries, I didn't take it as a knock! What don't you like about the current one and are you looking for any specific features?

What is the installation process/ difficulty? I'm interested just don't want to get into too complicated wiring

39 minutes ago, Scottg07 said:

What is the installation process/ difficulty? I'm interested just don't want to get into too complicated wiring

It's very straight forward. For wiring you just unplug a connector and then plug the switch into it. If I remember correctly you have to remove the tank to get to the connector, but that's the most difficult step. Then it's just attaching the switch to the handlebars.

• Like 1